Respected Contributor

Face mask with built in shield

Did anyone know these masks existed? Built in Eye Shield. Would be better than a separate shield.

483a77f7-cc75-4037-8841-cb2456e57211-80985-pc.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Face mask with built in shield

I have not seen that before.  That’s very cool. 

Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear : I saw that pop up on some page I was on. Good idea. They keep coming up with better and better designs. Too bad I have to wear my prescription sunglasses wherever I go.

Honored Contributor

Great idea for those who don't have to wear glasses all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

What a fantastic idea!  I wear glasses all the time, but so many people don’t.  I’ll be looking for this product to buy for gifts.  I wonder if they make them for children, as well.

Esteemed Contributor

If it fit tight enough to be effective, wouldn't it rub?

Trusted Contributor

Nice concept but you probably can't see that well through the plastic.  You do know that you can get glasses with clear lenses which is what I did.  I also got aviator style which is much larger than other styles.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I would just like to caution everyone contemplating purchasing these en bulk for all family members to order only one, first, to try it out on yourself, and see if you can actually breathe while wearing it.  It looks like it might cause condensation on the shield portion which would make it hard to see out of, and it might also restrict airflow into the mask portion as it extends up so far as a single piece.  Regular face shields allow for some airflow, as there is a gap between the shield and a person's face, but this item may not permit that kind of airflow.   

Trusted Contributor

It would certainly help on windy days, especially for those of us with dry eye condition.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Super Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

I would just like to caution everyone contemplating purchasing these en bulk for all family members to order only one, first, to try it out on yourself, and see if you can actually breathe while wearing it.  It looks like it might cause condensation on the shield portion which would make it hard to see out of, and it might also restrict airflow into the mask portion as it extends up so far as a single piece.  Regular face shields allow for some airflow, as there is a gap between the shield and a person's face, but this item may not permit that kind of airflow.   

I agree - they look like they would totally fog up!!