Honored Contributor

That puffy face look is usually do to injections, not a face lift.  Many women get that puff face look, which recedes over time.  There's an art to face lifts, injects and all those cosmetic medical procedures.  Some doctors are artistic and do it well....others, not so much.  The results also depend on the woman's skin condition.  Would I?  You betcha!  I dread that jowly, saggy face look.  At 57, I'm 10 years away from needing a facelift, if I ever do need one.  The women on both sides of my family all aged very well, they aged beautifully and knew how to use makeup.  I hope my genes are on my side.  First Sunday of every month, I turn that glaring bright light on in my bathroom, which is all white and I inspect my face.  And I made my bff promise to tell me when when I need a little something done.  It's not about looking youger for me, it's about looking as good as I can look at every point in my life.

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I happened to look for Victoria  Principal who was on Dallas ages ago. She got a face lift. Her cheeks were nice and puffy, but her eyes almost looked like they disappeared. Even if I could afford it, I don't think I'd choose to do that.

Would you if you could? Now Joan Rivers looked great, but I don't know if the majority of those who get it done, look quite right. There's some beautiful faces out there and I enjoy them wrinkles and all. 

A friend of my mom's just had one.... She looks amazing.  And the total was like $30,000

However, my mom had to help her when she was just out of the hospital and while in the Dr's office with her friend my mom fainted due to how her friend looked getting the bandage changed.  My mom said she could never have one done after seeing up close what her friend went through!!

The friend on the other hand was so medicated that she doesn't remember how bad it was!! And tells people all the time that it wasn't that painful.

I think it's so common that people get them now that people don't remember HOW MAJOR some of these surgeries are!!

Contributor

I have a friend who got a "composit face lift".  She looks just as she did about 15 years ago.  No change in her face other than well rested looking.  The best face lift is one where no one can tell.  You only know a person has had one if they look different or bad, because you can't tell a good one.

Trusted Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

Speaking of face lifts, one of the host here had one done. I think it looks pretty good, also had lips done.

I remember that. It was back in the 90s. When she came back there was all this talk about how she couldn’t say the words well. I think she also had something done to her lips. Many thought she came back way too soon and that she needed more time to heal. The camera never went in very close to her. I think she is so pretty now. She just went through a rough patch back then. 

Valued Contributor

@fortune wrote:

My face is too heavy to lift!  animated-smileys-laughing-016.gif

LOL!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Joan Rivers did not look great.  She looked like playdough. She just could to stop and even admitted that she was addicted to having work done.