Respected Contributor

It's a real shock when you see someone you haven't seen in awhile, and they've had a facelift.  I noticed that recently with the woman who is the rep for Imperial Gold.   She's been with them forever (I have several really old pieces I bought many years ago when it was still affordable).  If I had not immediately recognized her voice, I might not have know it was the same woman.  Mind you, she looked pretty good........just not the same person I remembered.

I certainly understand a person in the public eye needing to look good for their job, so I don't criticize what they choose to do.  For me, I would never consider going under the knife, even if I could afford it.  If I had the extra money, maybe I'd consider something less invasive, but I don't foresee even that as part of my future.  IMO, even with a new face, there still are plenty of other telltale body markers that give away a person's age (hands, knees, flabby loose skin........you get the picture)!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

It's a real shock when you see someone you haven't seen in awhile, and they've had a facelift.  I noticed that recently with the woman who is the rep for Imperial Gold.   She's been with them forever (I have several really old pieces I bought many years ago when it was still affordable).  If I had not immediately recognized her voice, I might not have know it was the same woman.  Mind you, she looked pretty good........just not the same person I remembered.

I certainly understand a person in the public eye needing to look good for their job, so I don't criticize what they choose to do.  For me, I would never consider going under the knife, even if I could afford it.  If I had the extra money, maybe I'd consider something less invasive, but I don't foresee even that as part of my future.  IMO, even with a new face, there still are plenty of other telltale body markers that give away a person's age (hands, knees, flabby loose skin........you get the picture)!

@2blonde,

I'm not in the public eye or ever have been. I did it for myself. Prior to my lift I had led a life of self-destruction and it took a really bad toll on my health and appearance. After I had cleaned up my act, I could not look at myself in the mirror without guilt and shame. My self-esteem was destroyed so I took drastic measures to change...for the better and for good. I am in a good place now!...tg.

Respected Contributor

I think a lot of older celebrities look G*d-awful due to too much or poor surgeries.  VP is one.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@qualitygal

Image result for victoria principal before and after plastic surgery

For the life of me how can she think that looks better than her before even with a few lines or a slight sagging? 

There she looks plastic and unnatural.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  I'm glad you have improved your life as well as your self image........both of those things are vital to your health.  I  would never criticize you or anyone else for doing what makes them feel better about themselves.

I have done my best to take care of my body over the years, but my biggest enemy has probably been the sun (I spend a lot of time outdoors). Whenever someone I haven't seen for awhile says that I look great or that I haven't changed, I always wonder if they are thinking I may have had something done.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

More power to those who have the ways and means to do a face lift. If I had a boat load of extra $$ I'd be getting my baggy eyes done and firming up my jowls. But I would certainly do my research first. I thought JR looked horrible with all her face lifts. Not a Joan fan anyway. Wonder how these celebrities end up with such freaky results with all the $$ they have.Do they not know how to do some research first? I guess more $$ than sense.

Esteemed Contributor

Omigosh, I wouldn't have even recognized her!

victoria-principal-net-worth.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Speaking of face lifts, one of the host here had one done. I think it looks pretty good, also had lips done.

Honored Contributor

(Sigh)..........I'm DRIVING my "facelift"..........Oh well......such is life...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

Speaking of face lifts, one of the host here had one done. I think it looks pretty good, also had lips done.

Give me their initials @dogsx3Woman Very Happy