Respected Contributor

FOR THOSE OF YOU ON MEDICARE PART D

Open enrollment starts in the middle of October.  The Medicare Plan Finder has the 2019 plan information available now.

Honored Contributor

Re: FOR THOSE OF YOU ON MEDICARE PART D

Refresh my memory Part D is pharmacy?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Yes, Part D is for Pharmacy.   D = Drugs!

Esteemed Contributor

I received all my information for 2019 about a week ago. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@Cats3000  Where is the Medicare Plan Finder? I need to find another since mine had gone up by 33% for 2019.

Honored Contributor

Have you received your "Medicare and You" book for 2019?

Look in the back of your book, Section 11 in my book

@maestra wrote:

@Cats3000  Where is the Medicare Plan Finder? I need to find another since mine had gone up by 33% for 2019.

Esteemed Contributor

@maestraContact your State's Office on Aging or Aging Partners for an appointment. They have the program on their computers and will be able to help you select which plan is best for you under Part D. I've had to change companies once in order to save money on my prescriptions. When I called, they were not busy and offered to take my information over the phone! Perhaps called at 8:00 AM was worthwhile.

I do not use a mailorder. Use my local pharmacy, whom I trust and am able to ask questions. I prefer to keep my money in a locally owned/operated business to support the community, rather than big business. Strictly my own preference. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I’m going to ask a dumb question. I just signed up last month effective this month. So do I need to sign up again for next year? DH too even though his is effective next month.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I’m going to ask a dumb question. I just signed up last month effective this month. So do I need to sign up again for next year? DH too even though his is effective next month.

@OKPrincess  If you want to keep the plan you have you don't need to do anything.  You should still compare the plans to make sure you have the right one for you.  They might have made some changes.  Be sure and check your drugs in your Part D plan.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@OKPrincess  If you want to keep the plan you have you don't need to do anything.  You should still compare the plans to make sure you have the right one for you.  They might have made some changes.  Be sure and check your drugs in your Part D plan.

Thank you. I hate to admit it but I’m tired of making decisions.