Honored Contributor

Re: FEELING CHLLY OR COLD FREQUENTLY QUITE

@PamfromCT  I so appreciate your kindness. I will post an update after my doc visit in a few weeks, and thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Had radiation - was not cold.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been cold for 35+ years . . . and I've never become used to being cold. But always dress warmer than my friends!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids----first of all----congrats on your first anniversary of beating the cancer zombies !!!! I went thru chemo and  rads in 2012-2013 and I still am super chilly/cold even when its warm inside or out. Think the chemo changes everything afterwards. Sometimes my hands get so cold, I wear gloves inside. Maybe after a while, things will go back to normal but I have found that they prob won't--at least for me----ask your onc dr about it. I just always dress in layers. I also find the heat really gets to me much faster too,  so the few hot days we have in WA state, can really make me crazy.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl  YOU GET IT!!! Thank you! I'm in WA state as well, not in Seattle (thank goodness) but on the east side.

I've pretty much figured this is permanent and I can deal with that. My hands don't usually get cold, just the rest of me ha ha.

It's good to find a kindred spirit! I had surgery on 5/16/17 and am doing great so far! It was great reading your post, truly Heart  I've been dressing is layers as well.

Honored Contributor

Not related to Chemo but I'm hypothyroid. My feet/hands are always cold. My feet in the winter are frozen not just cold. I have to wear a pair of liner socks over a pair of heavy socks to keep them warm.

Since I had Shingles about 3 yrs ago I have problems with fans or air blowing all over me. I get cold. That part never went away plus neither did the water in the shower drives me crazy now.

It's 70° in the house right now but I'm freezing. Generally at 70° I would be hot.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz : Totally understand. I am a breast cancer survivor and went thru menopause twice. I can be sweating on my chest and back but legs and feet are cold. Yesterday, it was 64 outside and 70 in the house but all of a sudden I was shaking and freezing. I laid down in my recliner and covered up and ended up sleeping for 3 hours and woke up sweating. This happens at least once a week. Very frustrating and difficult to get things done around the house. Blood work and thyroid test always normal but unless really sick my temperature always 97😲. Southern Bee 

Esteemed Contributor

My legs are really cold at 81 years. If the thermometer is correct it says 79 in the den. I also take medicine. I am told by the gas company I use a lot of heat than most.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids----I live in Woodinville, kinda of the eastside. I went to Evergreen hospital for my cancer adventure in 2012---I am about 20 minutes away so was very easy to get there. Had the surgery and chemo and rads. Have been doing well since. Things do get easier in time but then there are trade offs too. Have graduated to once a year seeing my onc dr. Also take meds  and that has alot to do with my body temp. Nice to meet you!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl I'm in Kirkland and a big fan of Evergreen! ADORE my oncologist and his care team! Had my surgery, radiation and chemo there. Every single person there is nothing short of WONDERFUL!! Thanks so much for your response!