Respected Contributor

Re: FDA temporarily halts use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine due to rare blood clotting issues

[ Edited ]

I'm sure they'll re-approve it soon.

In other news, Pfiz-er and Mo-de-rna have new variant booster shots in the works for everyone.  If hospitalizations rise for those who were inoculated against COVID-19, due to the variant strains, they will inject the population against the variant strains.  

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/04/third-dose-of-covid-vaccine-being-tested-to-fend-off-variant....

The problem I see with this is how are manufacturing plants possibly going to be able tp keep up with all the variants and produce enough glass vials to cover 330 million people every time a new booster shot is declared necessary?  There are many other illnesses out there for which vaccines are made, so are those inoculations still going to be produced at a time when it seems that the only illness getting any attention at all is COVID-19? There were under 2,000 cases of influenza in the US last year, despite grave warnings of a Twindemic of both influenza and COVID-19.  Health authorities were totally wrong about that. How are manufacturing companies supposed to keep up with the demand for new variant shots by the hundreds of millions without any end in sight?  There is only so much glass in the world for the vials, and so much rubber for the stoppers, etc. 

Respected Contributor

Re: FDA temporarily halts use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine due to rare blood clotting issues

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

My son & his wife got the J & J vaccine this past Saturday. I'm a nervous wreck.

Millions have gotten this Vac safely, why are you a "nervous wreck" ??  Many more folks have died this past year from simply taking plain aspirin. 

Esteemed Contributor

there are always those who will say that they had the shot, and had absolutely no side effects at all. However, if you are one of those six who had blood clots, it matters! No one knows how they are going to react to a drug, especially such a potent vaccine. They were saying that women especially were affected by this; especially if they take birth control pills and HRT. I myself take HRT, and would never have the singled out shots, ever.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Shock value from that picture aside:

Fnu Nutan, a dermatology hospitalist at Virginia Commonwealth University Health, was on the team assigned to treat 74-year-old patient Richard Terrell. He is believed to be the first person to have experienced the specific skin reaction to the vaccine.

"I want to reassure people we have seen worse skin reactions in patients with COVID... this reaction is recognizable and treatable," Dr. Nutan told Newsweek.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12   The rash is avoidable too.  Just get a different vaccine.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksMom As a mom, you are perfectly entitled to have whatever feelings you have.  Good mothers care deeply about their children, and they do worry about them for countless reasons.  We all want the best and only the best for our children.  No one should be stating otherwise at this or at any other forum.

The odds are in favor of your children not having a problem, but if they do have any problems at all, they should seek immediate medical help.  At least now they will know to seek help proactively, should they require it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The CDC and FDA said 6.8 million people have received J & J single-shot vaccine the United States. Of these, six have experienced the clot, the agencies said.

And now how many 100's of thousands of people are being put at risk because of this ridiculous delay.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

For anyone who has had a blood clot --it is not rare.

Respected Contributor

The same blood clotting problem was seen with the similar AstraZeneca COVID injection which also uses a chimpanzee adenovirus vector to deliver its DNA payload. The European Medicines Agency halted use of the AstraZeneca shot for the very same reason, and then re-approved its use soon thereafter. Several European countries are still not re-instituting the AstraZeneca COVID shot out of caution, despite the EMA and manufacturer's declaration that it is safe to use.  

I just read that Fauci is stating we may not even need the AstraZeneca shot here in the US. From the Forbes article, "U.S. Will Likely Not Need AstraZeneca Vaccine But Shot Has Good Efficacy, Says Dr. Fauci": "Dr. Fauci was quick to note that this was not a “negative indictment” of the AstraZeneca shot which he thinks is a good vaccine from an efficacy standpoint if its safety issues get straightened out." 

Gosh, the news is changing so quickly on these COVID shots, it is hard to keep up with it.