Regular Contributor

FDA orders all Zantac pulled from shelves

Today the FDA ordered all Zantac pulled from retail shelves and advsies getting rid of any if you have it at home.  There is a real threat that it contains a carcinogen.  This problem was brought to light a few months ago, but the FDA today issued the recall for all Zantac.  You can find the recall notice on the FDA's website.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FDA orders all Zantac pulled from shelves

@JanetsGirl wrote:

Today the FDA ordered all Zantac pulled from retail shelves and advsies getting rid of any if you have it at home.  There is a real threat that it contains a carcinogen.  This problem was brought to light a few months ago, but the FDA today issued the recall for all Zantac.  You can find the recall notice on the FDA's website.

@JanetsGirl 

I may be wrong but this happened quite a long time ago............how do I know???.....

Sadly,I was a huge Zantac user  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@JanetsGirl wrote:

@JanetsGirl 

I may be wrong but this happened quite a long time ago............how do I know???.....

Sadly,I was a huge Zantac user  Smiley Sad

Same here.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma    Me too.  I thought this stuff had been pulled several months ago.  It hasn't been available.  I went to Pepcid.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MalteseMomma    Me too.  I thought this stuff had been pulled several months ago.  It hasn't been available.  I went to Pepcid.

@Kachina624 

Me too and last night I really needed it...........I had to take 2 Pepcid     Smiley Sad

But it worked within 30 minutes  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Yes -- the product has been pulled for a while.  This is a new FDA press release recalling every pill.  From tody's FDA press release:

For Immediate Release: April 01, 2020

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced it is requesting manufacturers withdraw all prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) ranitidine drugs from the market immediately. This is the latest step in an ongoing investigation of a contaminant known as N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in ranitidine medications (commonly known by the brand name Zantac). The agency has determined that the impurity in some ranitidine products increases over time and when stored at higher than room temperatures and may result in consumer exposure to unacceptable levels of this impurity. As a result of this immediate market withdrawal request, ranitidine products will not be available for new or existing prescriptions or OTC use in the U.S.

Honored Contributor

Why not just take it in moderation?  
Or for special occasions?

[*]

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

[*]

Why would you suggest people to risk their health?

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

[*]

@sidsmom    You of all people....because it contains a large amount of a known carcigen.  Now everytime I get a stomach twinge, I imagine the cancer kicking in.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @MalteseMomma 

Got serious heartburn years ago and Dr. wanted me to take meds.  Read about natural remedies and tryed 2 tbls of Braggs apple cider vinegar and it worked.  Have not had any heartburn in years.  

Recently started drinking  16 oz of celery juice every morning before eating or coffee.

Arthritis pain gone, less bloating, no heartburn, constipation and lost 6 pounds without trying.