Honored Contributor

Re: FDA Issues Warning to Dollar Tree Stores

The article says acne pads...I didn’t see any cosmetics listed...and it also said it is only topical products, nothing you ingest...I would never buy something like acne pads at the dollar tree...I love going in there...but I do have my standards!😎
Honored Contributor

The only toothpaste I have seen at the Dollar Tree, which I consider to be one of the better dollar -type stores, has been name brands like Crest and Colgate.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have also been shocked to see hair color and pregnancy tests from some unknown company....definitely two things I would be willing to spend more money for! Dollar Tree is great for paper products, etc. but I would never buy any kind of drugs, vitamins, or supplements there. I stick with namebrands for any food...like bread and bagels from local bakeries that are close to being out of date. My birds and squirrels love the plain bagels.....

Honored Contributor

How do you know anything you buy there isn't contaminated?  Paper goods could easily contain harmful materials.  Anything there could. 

Honored Contributor

Practically everything they sell looks like it is from China
Honored Contributor

Because they could not maintain their profit margin if they cleared the shelves and started over.
Honored Contributor

I do buy some food there if it is fresh and a name brand.....not often found...but the frozen food section they have now grosses me out....no way I trust or can know if the food has been kept frozen as long as it should or that it has t been thawed up to an unsafe temp during shipping
Respected Contributor

we bought vitimins at dollar general last year and they had a horrible smell to them so we threw them away.

Honored Contributor

The OP reminded me of a show I once saw.  It was about people buying franchises like this (many of them are franchises).

It showed people going to these huge warehouses to purchase pallets of items.

Some of the items came from other countries with labels that looked just like a US item, but they weren't.  

You'd have to look very carefully to see the difference.

Honored Contributor

Anything we buy anywhere could be contaminated. I don’t think the small notepads or a calendar I buy there are going to be anymore harmful than those I buy elsewhere.