Honored Contributor

Re: FDA Facing Lawsuit over 'Impossible' Meat

@haddon9 wrote:

It sounds disgusting...I can't imainge eating faux meat.  If you want to be vegan than just eat veggies.

@haddon9 Yeah, right.  It reminds me of the Keto folks who continually try to find a keto-friendly alternative to their favorite high-carb foods.  They all taste terrible.  I found that just because it looks like bread or rice doesn't mean it actually tastes like it.  

I also have wondered how healthy the plant-based Impossible meat actually is once it goes through whatever procsses it takes to change plants into "meat."  No thanks.  Makes me think of the old saying "just because it's all natural doesn't mean it's safe".

Respected Contributor

Image result for yuck emoji

Esteemed Contributor

In what world it it more healthy to eat:

This is done by extracting DNA from the roots of soy plants and inserting that DNA into the genetically-engineered yeast.

Then, it is fermented so that the heme can be mass produced. 

Have to wonder if they are pro or anti vac 🥺

Trusted Contributor

Those products taste like c##p anyway.  I tasted one of those burgers and couldn't even finish it.  The flavor and the texture are creepy.

I'm happy with black beans burgers, thanks!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why people who don't eat meat would, however, be attracted to products that look and taste like meat.

Honored Contributor

I thought Impossible Meat was a great idea, I even bought stock in one of those companies.  I've also had a Burger King Whopper with it and it was good.  But looking at the package in the supermarket?  I couldn't get past the blood look so I passed.   

Valued Contributor

@depglass Funny you should mention that "blood" in the packages. The chemical, and the processing chemicals to achieve that effect, were banned recently due to carcinogenic properties.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My problem with the "faux meat" trend is based on something I saw on TV about a year ago, showing scientists in a laboratory  testing ingredients for the so-called "meat".

Food originating and refined in a lab does not appeal to me.  Any health claims about it  being better for humans than animal meat seem questionable, considering the possible ingredients and processing methods to make it look real.

If a person doesn't want to eat meat, that's fine but replacing  the real thing with a fake created by people wearing white coats and checking out test tubes?  I dunno............