Honored Contributor

Last summer, in the middle of the height of the pandemic my husband fell and broke his nose.  He also cut an area under his eye that they tried to stitch, but they also sent him to a plastic surgeon who fixed his nose rather quickly.  However, he had to wait to get his eye fixed.  What happens is it pulls his lower eyelid down so that you can see the inside of it.  For some reason he had to wait all this time to get it repaired.  I think they will be removing some skin his upper eyelid to graft to below the eye to stop the pulling.  

I think it's similar to the surgery for hooded eyelids, so I'm just wondering if anyone here has had that done and what I might expect.  About all I know is he's been told he needs to sleep on his back or in a recliner which will be difficult for him and probably me too due to snoring.  Also, he won't be able to do any lifting for 2 to 3 weeks afterwards.  

He has to be there at 5:30 am and they told him I probably will not be able to go inside to wait like I did when they fixed his nose, so I don't know what I will do with myself.  Not like I can go shopping or anything.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have a male cousin who had his eyelid raised since it was impairing his vision. He was fine in a quick recovery period. 

Super Contributor

I had eye lid surgery Not bad at all  Takes about a good 3 weeks for the redness to go away

Honored Contributor

My older sister had her hooded eye lids done.  She sat in a recliner to sleep for a while and wore sunglasses when she went out.  She had two black eyes!

It was outpatient surgery.  I drove her to and from the surgical center and stayed with her overnight in her home.

Healing was fast and she said painless.

Honored Contributor

That is good news.

Valued Contributor

I had it done for hooded eyelids. Had two black eyes but everything went well for me. I do noitce that my eyes are very dry since Ive had this done

Beckyblu

Contributor

I am also interested to hear from anyone who has had surgery for entropion...The lower eye area turns in causing irritation and overall discomfort. I will have this surgery on both eyes tomorrow. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I just got a call from the Dr.  They were not able to use the tissue they removed from the upper eyelids for the graft for the lower eyelid, so they had to take skin from his lower neck.  

I live about 1/2 hour drive from the hospital and I would've had to spend my time waiting in the car once they rolled him back, so I decided to just come home.  Since they were going to be calling me anyways why not be comfortble at home with my own bathroom instead of cold in the car.  He also has to spend another 1 1/2 to 2 hours in Recovery and Post Op.  

Honored Contributor

Just got him home.  He has a piece of cotton sewn onto his face covering the skin graft.  

Frequent Contributor

@Junker2327 wrote:

I had it done for hooded eyelids. Had two black eyes but everything went well for me. I do noitce that my eyes are very dry since Ive had this done

Beckyblu

@Junker2327  Are you happy with the result?  Did you have upperand lower done?  I've heard eyes can be dry after.  Is the dryness lessening iver time?  I ask because I've beem thinking about it but do have somewhat dry eyes now.  Thanks!!