Honored Contributor

Eyedrops UPDATE. Leader and Rugby have put out recalls on their drops.

Leader and Rugby, two of the companies listed in the FDA 26 eyedrops alert I posted about a couple days ago have now put out individual recalls and have recalls for their drops on the FDA website. More recall pages will probably be coming. Both companies noted that there have been three cases of adverse events from the drops. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Eyedrops UPDATE. Leader and Rugby have put out recalls on their drops.

My DH relies heavily on eye drops from the homeopathic company, Similesan, so even tho they were not affected by the recall, they are gone from all the stores and websites. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

My DH relies heavily on eye drops from the homeopathic company, Similesan, so even tho they were not affected by the recall, they are gone from all the stores and websites. 

@Shelbelle @Their products have been temporarily pulled from shelves for a different reasons. They use a silver sulfate preservative in them that caused the FDA to send them a letter about. They are in the process of settling things with the FDA. The FDA also noticed some things during an inspection of the manufacturing plant and the FDA also had some concerns over some marketing claims. Their products are not under a recall. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Mindy, my DH is counting the days until they reappear.