Honored Contributor

Re: Experts Say That Six Feet Is Not Far Enough To Stop COVID-19 From Spreading

@violann wrote:

To simplify, I can't EVER recall being enjoined to sing extended pieces of music in a large group when buying a bottle of wine or having my cat's claws clipped. 

I realize that it is difficult to embrace this concept, but these are difficult times.

@violann 

It's not at all difficult.

Seems that some just don't want to understand it, easy though it is.

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

ibb38, Chris Cuomo was in the same living area, yes the basement, but still, sharing many things. Read Jeanbhv's response to latest COVID19 update.

And most important, a shared ventilation system.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

ibb38, Chris Cuomo was in the same living area, yes the basement, but still, sharing many things. Read Jeanbhv's response to latest COVID19 update.

And most important, a shared ventilation system.

@Shawnie  yes, I responded  already....

@iceberg when Chris's wife (she's a self admitted germaphobe!) ws tested postive, I started to incorporate 6 ft plus distance! It was surmised that the  droplets (although distance was adhered to) remained in the air longer and were circulated in the home. Their son tested positive too. 

Respected Contributor

I heard that a couple weeks ago on the news with Fauci!

Respected Contributor

One medical doctor, a professor, and an oceanographer are fretting that 6 feet isn't enough distance.

Well at least Google (or YouTube, or any number of social platforms) aren't censoring these lucky three.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

@bmorechick @I saw on the news the other day (abc, the physician who comments regularly on Covid and takes questions) that there's more info out now about aerosol spread, not just the large droplets from coughing, sneezing etc. just breathing. And we've seen that info before but she talked about how easy it is for those small particles to enter into the sides of a mask, getting in wherever there are gaps. She emphasized the importance of masks fitting as closely as possible if you're interested in protecting yourself (and who isn't!). She said a shield helps but the gaps are way too large so it's not good protection by itself. You have to wear a well-fitting mask and then (if you choose) the plastic shield.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Everyone is an expert these days.......

My dear Mother was named Daisy.  

p.s. you life depends on you knowing how to keep yourself safe.  

Then why has basic common sense been replaced by every "expert" on the Internet as the final word? 

@CrazyDaisy  I agree, given that the 'expert' advice changes on a dime and any real breakthrough appears to be slow in coming, the only thing we can rely on is common sense... I get that this particular strain is new and oh how they're learning so much every day and blah-blah-blah, but in the meantime, bona fide and honestly definitive information is limited and is subject to change... daily... leaving us to rely on what makes the most sense to us... And then, on top of the 'scientists' and the 'media experts' are the on-line experts, who've read a few articles and have hence decided they wrote the book and we must all listen and obey... Those who don't are, of course, ignorant, selfish and, well, just all around bad juju...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I like the way all these people are suddenly becoming "experts." What are they experts on? Some aren't even doctors, yet they think they know more than everyone else. According to some, there is a whole  new version of selfishness  and ignorance. Who knew? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

I like the way all these people are suddenly becoming "experts." What are they experts on? Some aren't even doctors, yet they think they know more than everyone else. According to some, there is a whole  new version of selfishness  and ignorance. Who knew? 

@teganslaw 

If you are talking about the ones that call themselves Journalists?  In my opinion they are far from that profession, much less experts in other fields.

I see them as just tv script readers giving their opinions while trying to convince others they are experts. At least some ad lib from the scripts they are given, but their intentions are the same.

Never any numbers but the negative totals. Ever see many of them break down into Asymptomatic/recovered, and several of the other  categories? Nah, we are all too dumb to process that much information. So!!!!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut , I was thinking about "journalists" when I wrote the post. I think that they focus on negative news for ratings. Reporting positve numbers wouldn't get the attention they need. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain