Honored Contributor

Re: Experts Say That Six Feet Is Not Far Enough To Stop COVID-19 From Spreading

Experts LOL.

the mary tyler moore show gif

Respected Contributor

@bmorechick Who care about looking weird, better to be safe and comfortable. Do what works for you. What a weird comment from folks.Shields with the heat coming in this summer is smart.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I read too that churches opeing up are "petri dishes" for this virus!

@on the bay 

I guess liquor stores/pot shops and PP are not, but churches are? Hmmm.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

I have seen/heard anywhere from 6' to 30', wonder if they measure this in an airless booth or in the Nascar Wind Tunnel? Who knows they may come up half a mile apart soon. Of course that depends on the heat and especially the humidity. Like to see the Protocol they use for measuring these things, or wonder if they even have one!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Archbishop of my Catholic diocese is opening our churches in early June, in a very careful way.  The public may attend a mass on week days only, limited to 50 people per church.  Social distancing and masks are required.  There will

be no literature in church pews, and communion will be in host form only.  He has also encouraged the elderly, and anyone with underlying health concerns, to stay home.

With all the virus victims in our state, I anticipate people to agree to this thoughtful start of attending services again.  Of course, we have always had access to televised masses, and I personally can find God anywhere I am.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut -

Yep, they all are! -stores and all..hmmm-

Actually all sarcasm aside, it makes sense for anyone with common sense!

If people are crowded into a large space, singing, breathing, talking, no masks, still perhaps shaking hands, whether a protest, a restaurant, a bar, a church, a picnic, a parade, a sports arena,

The virus doesn't care what place it is. I think we all know this.

And of course there are safer as well as irresponsible ways to open up a church or anything else, or continue virtual services which my church and many others are doing or very safely like @PamfromCT stated.

Still I am happy right now with any virtual, pick up groc etc. 

But for those that would like to turn this into some kind of conspiracy thread against churches or something, that is off base.

Isn't it?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

To simplify, I can't EVER recall being enjoined to sing extended pieces of music in a large group when buying a bottle of wine or having my cat's claws clipped. 

I realize that it is difficult to embrace this concept, but these are difficult times.

Honored Contributor

I think I would prefer to wear a shield rather than a mask.  Has to be easier to breathe.

As far as churches it will be quite awhile before I attend a Sunday mass.  Fortunately, we have daily masses that are a lot emptier and no problems keeping "social distancing."

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Experts LOL.

I am sure you rely on experts all the time. And like this new pandemic virus we are lucky that they have our best interest. Some recommendations never change, but others do because we are learning a lot more about this virus.

It will be the "experts'' who will develop the vaccine.  

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

I read too that churches opeing up are "petri dishes" for this virus!

@on the bay 

I guess liquor stores/pot shops and PP are not, but churches are? Hmmm.

hckynut

it has nothing to do with what the business is and everything to do with how much time you stay there and how many people you interact with. I don't go to the liquor store to socialize, I don't spend an hour there singing, I'm not sitting right next to people for long periods of time in a liquor store.