Super Contributor
Why is it Carolyn, Leah and Antonella never do workout demos? If they have I have never seen them. For instance, Carolyn is on with Dan this morning and he did the demo for Marie Osmond ' s fitness bar. Now That's NOT Hard exercise. After all, Carolyn is constantly bragging about her personal trainer. Why not show off her prowess after working so hard with her trainer? Hmmm...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Exercise equipment demos

Carolyn has a personal trainer? (you got to be kidding!)

Well, whatever he/she is doing - it ain't working.....................lol

Honored Contributor

Probably because it's not as ""motivational"".

Honored Contributor

Many different people work out with Personal Traners for many different reasons. A Personal Trainer is not a Registered Dietitian nor a nutritionist. It's really silly to confuse the two professions. It's like asking your doctor for nutritional advice when they only had a couple of schooling hours in nutrition! If someone still has body fat, that's an issue they must address outside of the gym.

I've had many different trainers over the years for many different reasons..heavy, thin, healthy, injured...it really doesn't matter. Sometimes we worked, for months, on nothing but balance after I had knee surgery. Sometimes we worked on power moves when I wanted to kick it up. Sometimes, during the last weeks of my sister's life (and after), we would lift a few weights, then retire to his office, close the door & just...talk. He was comfortable w/ that...and yrs later, I still look back with gratitude he was able to lend me his ear.

Personal Trainers are just that....personal. Carolyn has lost weight....if she wants to attribute that to her trainer, great! If not, she's still a success.

Super Contributor

Sidsmom, first of all did Carolyn lose weight because she said she did? I don't see it. And you may have had many personal trainers for many different reasons, but maybe except for losing or maintaining weight. Tons of professionals say that exercise is an important component for losing weight. Any way, I have heard Carolyn say she "visits" her personal trainer. That's an odd way of explaining a workout session. Yes, fthunt, she brags about "visiting" her personal trainer all of the time, when she's not saying she's a size LAAAARGE, just like Leah. I would be thrilled if she and Leah could ever say they are a size medium.
Honored Contributor

Yep....it was about...1.5-2 yrs ago?...that Carolyn dropped a lot of weight. And to lose/maintain weight, the ratio of exercise to eating right should be a 20/80% mix. Of course it's an important component for weight loss, but everyone should be moving every day regardless if they have weight to lose or not. If that means working out w/ someone, good for her. And with her sassy hairdo...she's the real deal.

Super Contributor

I have been watching QVC for years and I cannot recall Carolyn ever losing a lot of weight. Actually, she talks about it like she has just lost it since she has been "VISITING" her personal trainer, not 1.5 or 2 years ago. So is she losing it again? I really would like to see her work out on air, do a Zumba class or work out on the Total Gym or even the body blade. Why not, if you work out with a trainer?
Esteemed Contributor

why such an unkind thread about Carolyn's weight....she is a lovely woman and doesn't deserve this....her size along with Leah's is none of our business and certainly need not be bandied about by posters....

Valued Contributor

The size/weight of the sales clerk is not important to me. What I would like to see is ALL of them getting on the machines and showing us how they work. Naturally, the professionals make it look easy but I need to see how the average person uses it so I can determine if I would be able to use it. Just my opinion. GO BUCKS!!!! docsgirl