Trusted Contributor

When it comes to yeast infections that women get frequently (as I did), I totally cut out refined sugar out of my diet and all white flour products. I never eat desserts. Yogurt is my only dessert. I take a probiotic (Ultimate Flora) every day (the one for women's health) and exercise every day.

Not sure it would work for others, but I have not had one since making these changes.

Trusted Contributor

If you think you have a problem with "excess yeast", see a medical doctor. Don't rely on pseudo-medicine baloney. If you have yeast problems causing vaginal yeast infections or skin rashes, there are topical and oral medications that can help. Cutting down on sugar consumption may help; yeast infections are more common in diabetics and others with high blood sugar.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I didn't expect to get so many replies....and some snarky ones at that. Thank you Reba055 and Haddie for your NICE advice. I have done a lot of research on this subject, and just wanted advice/opinions from others that may have the same problem. I do not believe everything I read on the internet, but it is a good place to start. We have ALL done research and weeded out what didn't seem quite right.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/23/2014 nanny24 said:

I didn't expect to get so many replies....and some snarky ones at that. Thank you Reba055 and Haddie for your NICE advice. I have done a lot of research on this subject, and just wanted advice/opinions from others that may have the same problem. I do not believe everything I read on the internet, but it is a good place to start. We have ALL done research and weeded out what didn't seem quite right.

I'm sorry for some of the replies you received. Alternative medicine and therapies are often frowned upon here.

As one poster mentioned, try a naturopath. If you can't locate one, try an herbalist or local health food store.

There is an herbalist here and they have candida tests and info on the shelf. You can see a naturopath without insurance (self pay) for as little as a 15 minute visit or up to an hour.

Gut yeast and feminine yeast most women experience are not the same. If you're treating feminine yeast it may take a few treatments. Use brand name products.

Regular Contributor

First just let me say good luck to you Nanny24, I have no info on this topic but enjoy reading on this health forum, however it never ceases to amaze me when snarky responses come up here, there seems to be those who like to reprimand any health questions on this site assuming the original poster is living in a cave, never visiting a doctor, and only seeking the advice from anonymous posters. It really annoys me because I look at this health forum as people sharing info about what possibly worked for them and sometimes I find encouraging posts. Why would someone who disdains those getting encouragement or advice from people with the same condition even be on this health forum, it just baffles me.

Anyway enough of my rant, and good health to all.

Honored Contributor

I had this. All I remember is how hard it was finding products with no vinegar or sugar. Never mushrooms (they're a fungus) and no fruit. All this except the mushrooms was for two weeks. You have to hit it hard. Then relax things a little, but watch the sugar and the fruit. Mine just went away-it's probably back now, haha. I relaxed a little too much. Oh, and bread. Good Grief no bread. Even flat bread was a no no. I remember the health food store had a brown rice mix in a box. I used to make bread or muffins and devour one or two. I was allowed but he was very strict and said just one. I think the brand name was Fears or something like that. I know how to make salad dressing with lemon instead of vinegar. I don't know where this comes from but he said almost everyone has it to some degree. I wonder why and I wonder if maybe the yeast fights something? Or is it overcoming and growing on things where it doesn't belong. I don't want to read about the technical stuff because it makes me sick. I guess I'm a big help Smiley Happy OH, and another thing? Doctors don't believe this problem exists so you basically have to treat yourself, or see a naturopath. $$$

Contributor
I too have this and have been seeing a Naturopath doctor. What I have been doing is taking a probonitic along with a change in diet of no sugar, dairy or starches which feed the Yeast. Also I drink Keifer (coconut water Keifer) and organic homemade bone broth as well. I also take a detox bath 3 times a week of either Redmans bentonite clay or Epsom salt. Keep in mind that you didn't get this way overnight and it will take some time to get rid of. Hope this helps.
Contributor
Oh and don't listen to all these negative nellys on here. Obviously they have never been failed by our medical system and are oblivious to how that is possible. One day they may have there turn in experiencing it, but until then I guess we have to put up with such uneducated opinions.
Honored Contributor
On 11/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 11/22/2014 KYToby said:

Maybe you should consult a qualified medical doctor rather than falling for junk science on the internet. Physicians go to medical school and train for years, providing them with far more knowledge and information than you might get from a shopping forum or using Google.

Very well stated!!!!

I'm amazed at how many Google PhDs there are on this forum.

It never ceases to amaze me the things people will fall for because they read it on the internet.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree go to your doctor. Everyone is different and you may have different needs then the people you ask for advice here.