Super Contributor

I seem to have excess yeast in my body, and have tried numerous ways to decrease it. Has anyone found a good way to rid their body of it? If you don't know, google 'spit test for yeast' and it will tell you how to do the test. I have taken probiotics for over a year, and also tried coconut oil, and supplements. I got interested in this when I tried a weight loss supplement and it totally didn't work. I tried their suggestion of the yeast test , which they say excess yeast prevents your body from absorbing supplements. I have it abundantly (the yeast). Any help? Thanks.

Respected Contributor
Are you avoiding sugar and starches?
Trusted Contributor

Maybe you should consult a qualified medical doctor rather than falling for junk science on the internet. Physicians go to medical school and train for years, providing them with far more knowledge and information than you might get from a shopping form or using Google.

Frequent Contributor

Go to a homeopathic doctor that specialized in this kind of thing. There are actual tests they can do and give you the right thing to take for whatever is growing in your gut. We did this for our kids who were diagnosed with candida. You will have to avoid starches sugars on a diet and it takes a great deal of time to get rid of. This will including avoiding antibiotics and that sort of thing as well. It is really a life style change. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

There are many candida cleanses you could try. It is an endless cycle, for sure.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/22/2014 KYToby said:

Maybe you should consult a qualified medical doctor rather than falling for junk science on the internet. Physicians go to medical school and train for years, providing them with far more knowledge and information than you might get from a shopping forum or using Google.

Very well stated!!!!

I'm amazed at how many Google PhDs there are on this forum.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Maybe you should consult a qualified medical doctor rather than falling for junk science on the internet. Physicians go to medical school and train for years, providing them with far more knowledge and information than you might get from a shopping forum or using Google.

Very well stated!!!!

I agree as well. You need to see a gastroenterologist who will do stool tests to determine levels of bacteria and yeast/mold/fungus in your gut. Your gut will always have these in it.

To pursue this because of a desire to lose weight is, I think, an ill conceived idea. If you don't have "D," don't worry about it. It's more likely that whatever you took for weight loss was nothing more then a contemporary version of s-n-a-k-e oil of the 19th century. No one makes a "magic potion" for you to lose weight. it just doesn't exist. And for them to turn around and indicate malabsorption of supplements is _____________. This occurs in cases of moderate to severe inflammation/disease and/or scar tissue.

Super Contributor
Why do you think you have excessive yeast?
Valued Contributor
On 11/22/2014 sfnative said:
On 11/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Very well stated!!!!

I agree as well. You need to see a gastroenterologist who will do stool tests to determine levels of bacteria and yeast/mold/fungus in your gut. Your gut will always have these in it.

To pursue this because of a desire to lose weight is, I think, an in conceived idea. If you don't have "D," don't worry about it. It's more likely that whatever you took for weight loss was nothing more then a contemporary version of s-n-a-k-e oil of the 19th century. No one makes a "magic potion" for you to lose weight. it just doesn't exist. And for them to turn around and indicate malabsorption of supplements is _____________. This occurs in cases of moderate to severe inflammation/disease and/or scar tissue.

Great posts! QVC shouldn't allow all the medical advice here and the internet's full of quacks.

Trusted Contributor

I have no advice for you. I had a co-worker who said she had this issue. She ate very odd meals and was very small. She loved to remind us each time we had a blood drive that she did not weigh enough to donate. Jealous, heck yeah, but I could not have lived on the few foods she ate.