Honored Contributor

Re: Every person is being asked...

Ask a vet how they feel about it? Ask a vet who spent months in Walter Reed Hospital? See what most of them say?

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I always go on a cruise over our Anniversary. The Cruise line leaves from NYC and we travel to the Caribbean. Granted, it is not for a few more months into '15 but I am concerned. One about leaving from NYC (don't k--l the messenger) and being on a boat with all those people that are from elsewhere. We have until next month to cancel and get our deposit back. Any suggestions? And, yes, we have travel insurance.

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 traveler said:

Ever hear of Major Walter Reed?

Uh, yeah ..... so ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

US military have a proud tradition of being involved in medical matters. This is from wiki

"Major Walter Reed, M.D., (September 13, 1851 – November 22, 1902) was a U.S. Army physician who in 1901 led the team that postulated and confirmed the theory that yellow fever is transmitted by a particular mosquito species, rather than by direct contact. This insight gave impetus to the new fields of epidemiology and biomedicine, and most immediately allowed the resumption and completion of work on the Panama Canal (1904–1914) by the United States. Reed followed work started by Carlos Finlay and directed by George Miller Sternberg ("first U.S. bacteriologist"). "

Esteemed Contributor

First, people were complaining because there wasn't being enough done to protect US citizens on US soil from viral harm.

Now, there are complaints because physicians/government/insurance companies/ SOME ONE is asking questions?

wow...just WOW!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor

I would not be offended if asked the question, as this is a public health concern. What does offend me is the inhumane quarantine conditions the nurse in NJ was forced to endure. No excuse for that & Gov. Christie defends the whole thing!
Esteemed Contributor

I guess it is something that has to do with Ebola. I think the question has to be asked. You can only imagine the consequences if they don't ask and something goes wrong. Major problems not to mention lawsuits. Covering their ..........! as well as making it safer for everyone.

This question reminded me of an incident in school. Among other things I taught social studies to middle school age kids. We were studying countries and they were given an opportunity to do a short fun project on the one of their choice. It was an introductory unit, just meant to get them started. Well, the next thing that happened amused me and also confused me as well. I had a fight over...... Florida. Three of my students wanted to do it. I had to stand back and really laugh at that one... I don't remember Florida being a FOREIGN COUNTRY. (Just in case you are wondering, I live in Maryland)

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/27/2014 Deanie said:

My husband and I always go on a cruise over our Anniversary. The Cruise line leaves from NYC and we travel to the Caribbean. Granted, it is not for a few more months into '15 but I am concerned. One about leaving from NYC (don't k--l the messenger) and being on a boat with all those people that are from elsewhere. We have until next month to cancel and get our deposit back. Any suggestions? And, yes, we have travel insurance.

My Mom and her sisters are going on a cruise next month. I don't think they are worried. I am.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I am not willing to risk my health or my families and friends to be PC...sorry just not that brave or strong...wish I had a say in it but I will pray that this will work out safely for all and no more Americans are infected and that by some miracle the epidemic will End in Africa.
Honored Contributor

I went to the doctor Monday and all of the patients were asked to fill out forms letting them know they would be tested for Ebola. All they did was take my temp and had us all fill out forms asking if we'd been in Africa.