Honored Contributor

Re: Ever Wonder What Happens When You're 'Under' For Surgery?

I'll leave that up to the doctor's, and it can remain a mystery to me.  I only need sleep when I'm there. LOL

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

(thread title only)

@KingstonsMom

Nope. If possible, I always prefer watching what is happening to my body. Watched many of my procedures including wide awake during my 2nd heart attack Stent Angioplasty. Loved every minute of it, especially when my complete Right Coronary Artery appeared on the monitor. It was not there when this procedure began, it was 100% blocked, thus nothing to see.

Watched my friend, the Spinal Surgeon, as he removed the ruptured L-3 disc in my spine. Same deal, loved watching it.

When out, I don't have any thoughts of what goes on during that time.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut.....Hope you, Cindy & furbabies are doing well!

You reminded me that when I had my last colonoscopy, an older gentlemen in the bed next to me (separated by only a curtain, so no way not to hear), when he told the nurses that he did not want any anesthesia.

Their mouths dropped, as did mine! 

He too said that he would rather watch the procedure, he thought it would be interesting.

I'm not that brave, I don't want to know anything about it, LOL!!

As a matter of fact, I'll take an extra boost of 'joy juice', please!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

Please tell me I read this wrong and these morons were too stupid to handle an operating room camera yet were allowed to do procedures on humans. 😲

@wishmoon

Unfortunately, you read it right! Pretty scary isn't it?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

It really makes me wonder about that hospital. Their disciplinary policies need to be revamped, to put it mildly.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

We are all doing fine. I just got in from ice skating, and my wife just left for another 4 day, in-their-home pet sitting job. Just got back last night from her 3 day/nights sitting job. Appreciate you asking about my family and myself.

Hey! Interesting about that older gentleman you mentioned about his Colonoscopy. I have had 2 of my 15 Colonoscopies without any Anethesia. A little discomfort, but I got to see why they couldn't find the bleeding. I don't however recommend it, as it is not "discomfort free".

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut

Glad to hear you that and the family are good!Heart

It sounds like Cindy has quite a good pet-sitting reputation, she stays busy with it!

She sounds like the kind of pet sitter I would want!

Kudos to you for ice skating today! Great cardio!

Yeah....sedation free colonoscopies are not for me! (Ugh.....I'm due for one now.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My oldest son's girlfriend is a surgical nurse and said that if any of us needed surgery to tell her and she'd recommend a surgeon that did not engage in this kind of behavior.  Apparently it's more common than I imagined .... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wonder if anybody bothered to inform the patient that his/her picture was widely circulated? 

@Kachina624

I was wondering about the patient, as well ..... since it's been in all the papers, they HAVE to know it was them ..... I would be willing to bet the hospital's legal team has been in contact with that patient.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

Please tell me I read this wrong and these morons were too stupid to handle an operating room camera yet were allowed to do procedures on humans. 😲

@wishmoon

Good grief ....  you're right.   

Honored Contributor

The whole thing is scary...no wonder so many people get bad infections in the hospital.Not only are cell phones not sterile but also people are not taking their jobs seriously.I had a friend who was an or nurse recently retire because she couldn't fit in with the younger cell phone crew.She wouldn't participate in the texting antics and was told she wasn't a team player.