Trusted Contributor

Evening Primrose Oil for Arthritis?

Does anyone take EPO for arthritis? 

Just read a Dr. Weil email that it might be good as an anti-inflammatory.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evening Primrose Oil for Arthritis?

I do put a lot of faith into Dr Weil, but he advises taking EPO for hair loss and prevention, has done nothing for me in that dept.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take EPO for peri/menopausal night sweats and hot flashes.

The oil's lubrication does help my joints as well.

It's also helps hydrate my skin and hair.

For extra lubrication and a nutritional benefit, get 'Source Naturals Flax Seed-Evening Primrose Oil' softgels.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I do put a lot of faith into Dr Weil, but he advises taking EPO for hair loss and prevention, has done nothing for me in that dept.

Dr. Weil is one of my longtime health gurus, and although he does mention that EPO may help over time, he actually recommends biotin.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:
@Shelbelle wrote:

Dr. Weil is one of my longtime health gurus, and although he does mention that EPO may help over time, he actually recommends biotin.

I have been taking mega doses of Biotin for years, no results from that either.  Black Currant Oil is another good one to try, Dr Weil also recommends this one.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:
@Shelbelle wrote:

I have been taking mega doses of Biotin for years, no results from that either.  Black Currant Oil is another good one to try, Dr Weil also recommends this one.

Yep; the same beneficial GLA's are also in Evening Primrose Oil.

You can take either one.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I find with the so called natural remedies for arthritis or any thing else, that one size does not fit all. I have not tried the EPO for arthritis so I'm going to give it a try. We don't have better living through chemistry for nothing.LOL