Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 952
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Evening Primrose Oil for Arthritis?

Does anyone take EPO for arthritis? 

 

Just read a Dr. Weil email that it might be good as an anti-inflammatory.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,771
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Evening Primrose Oil for Arthritis?

I do put a lot of faith into Dr Weil, but he advises taking EPO for hair loss and prevention, has done nothing for me in that dept.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,022
Registered: ‎07-29-2014

Re: Evening Primrose Oil for Arthritis?

[ Edited ]

I take EPO for peri/menopausal night sweats and hot flashes.

The oil's lubrication does help my joints as well.

 

It's also helps hydrate my skin and hair.

 

For extra lubrication and a nutritional benefit, get 'Source Naturals Flax Seed-Evening Primrose Oil' softgels.

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,022
Registered: ‎07-29-2014

Re: Evening Primrose Oil for Arthritis?

@Shelbelle wrote:

I do put a lot of faith into Dr Weil, but he advises taking EPO for hair loss and prevention, has done nothing for me in that dept.



Dr. Weil is one of my longtime health gurus, and although he does mention that EPO may help over time, he actually recommends biotin.

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,771
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Evening Primrose Oil for Arthritis?


@feline groovy wrote:
@Shelbelle wrote:

I do put a lot of faith into Dr Weil, but he advises taking EPO for hair loss and prevention, has done nothing for me in that dept.



Dr. Weil is one of my longtime health gurus, and although he does mention that EPO may help over time, he actually recommends biotin.


I have been taking mega doses of Biotin for years, no results from that either.  Black Currant Oil is another good one to try, Dr Weil also recommends this one.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,022
Registered: ‎07-29-2014

Re: Evening Primrose Oil for Arthritis?


@Shelbelle wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:
@Shelbelle wrote:

I do put a lot of faith into Dr Weil, but he advises taking EPO for hair loss and prevention, has done nothing for me in that dept.



Dr. Weil is one of my longtime health gurus, and although he does mention that EPO may help over time, he actually recommends biotin.


I have been taking mega doses of Biotin for years, no results from that either.  Black Currant Oil is another good one to try, Dr Weil also recommends this one.


 

Yep; the same beneficial GLA's are also in Evening Primrose Oil.

You can take either one.

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,704
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

Re: Evening Primrose Oil for Arthritis?

I find with the so called natural remedies for arthritis or any thing else, that one size does not fit all. I have not tried the EPO for arthritis so I'm going to give it a try. We don't have better living through chemistry for nothing.LOL