Respected Contributor

Ergonomic office chair and/or seat cushion recommendation

I realize that this is a long shot, but does anyone have an ergonomic office chair that they can recommend?  Particularly if it's good for sciatica?  Name of chair and place of purchase would be fantastic.  I know there are thousand dollar chairs out there that are great, but I can't afford that--surely there must be a decent chair somewhere for less money.  Or, if not that...how about a chair cushion like a Purple (brand) cushion?  TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ergonomic office chair and/or seat cushion recommendation

@Ainhisg 

Sam's Club

Wellness By Design Articulating Lumbar Support Manager Chair, Bonded Leather (Supports 275 lbs) 

Darn it! It won't let me insert the photo I downloaded from Sam's.

Every body's different. Sam's deals with businesses and has other ergonomic chairs to choose from.

Good luck finding comfort. ☺

Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg Staples Rutherford Luxura #45609.  It's on sale.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mizree @x Hedge Thank you so much...I will check both of them out!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, @Ainhisg , for asking this question.  We are looking for a new desk chair and my husband want to check out the recompense at Staples.

Respected Contributor

My suggestion would be go to an office supply store and sit in them.

Every chair is different.   Costco had several and I looked at them and thought that one would be nice, I sat in all of them and they were very uncomfortable to me.  

You don't need to spend a lot of money, there are close outs, catalog returns etc that are discounted.  

Do you have an IKEA nearby?  check their stock.  

Also check the chair's weight capacity, that makes a huge difference in chairs.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg I had an Aeron Chair by Herman Miller and I believe they are the best.  Comfortable mesh, so don't have to worry about upholstery.  No experience with sciatica.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Ainhisg I had an Aeron Chair by Herman Miller and I believe they are the best.  Comfortable mesh, so don't have to worry about upholstery.  No experience with sciatica.

I had one as well, and they are fantastic. Unfortunately, they start at $1,185.75, which I believe is out of the OP's price range. I'd posted a link to the Herman Miller website previously, but it was removed. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Costco online has a few office chair options ranging $189-$230 and a couple of cushion options for $40-$43.  The nice thing about the cushion is that you can use it wherever you need it, in the house, as well as using it in the car.  As I said, these are all online and may or may not be at every warehouse.  My experience is that some warehouses don't always have the same things as others. I don't know how that gets decided.  🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

We got my husband a computer chair for his body at Office Depot. That was he sat in it and tried it out for a body fit.