Respected Contributor

Re: Enduring a mild case of covid...any home remedies? (asking for a friend)

[ Edited ]

You must read the same articles @haddon9 , and watch the same videos from MDs that I do.  LOL.  I do the same as you, too.  I take those very same supplements, and I happen to have a nebulizer.  Just need that food grade hydrogen peroxide.  Where did you get yours?  

Thanks.    

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

Several members of my family and I had Covid in late Sept.-early Oct. They are frontline healthcare workers, so I contracted it from them after caring for them. It was a looooong two weeks; the first week being the worst, and felt like the worst flu I have ever had!

With it being a virus, we just treated our symptoms as we would the flu. Nyquil REALLY helped with the fever, body aches, and coughs. Hydration is also VERY important! Because I was drained of all energy, rest is something I did; whether I wanted to or not.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles I noticed that you were a little quiet a while ago.  Glad that you recovered well!  

Honored Contributor

Let zinc lozenges (cold-eeze) dissolve in your mouth; don’t bite or chew them. Orange juice and vitamin C and D3. Lots of rest and water also. Tylenol for fever. Keep track of the fever and call dr right away if it doesn’t come down with Tylenol. BIL ended up in hospital because he just kept pushing himself when he first felt sick....best to just give into it and begin treating the symptoms ASAP. Hope your friend gets better right away.
Honored Contributor

How much zinc is recommended? The zinc lozenges don’t have much in them but I bought zinc supplements and have no idea how often or how much to take.
Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

Several members of my family and I had Covid in late Sept.-early Oct. They are frontline healthcare workers, so I contracted it from them after caring for them. It was a looooong two weeks; the first week being the worst, and felt like the worst flu I have ever had!

With it being a virus, we just treated our symptoms as we would the flu. Nyquil REALLY helped with the fever, body aches, and coughs. Hydration is also VERY important! Because I was drained of all energy, rest is something I did; whether I wanted to or not.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles I noticed that you were a little quiet a while ago.  Glad that you recovered well!  

@rockygems123  That's so kind of you to say. Thank you.😊

~~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

You must read the same articles @haddon9 , and watch the same videos from MDs that I do.  LOL.  I do the same as you, too.  I take those very same supplements, and I happen to have a nebulizer.  Just need that food grade hydrogen peroxide.  Where did you get yours?  

Thanks.    

@Jersey Born Yes we probably do and I find a lot of the  information very helpful though I don't agree with everything.  

DH purchased it from Amazon back in April.  I just went to check and I see that it's currently unavailable.  I hope you can find some soon....

Respected Contributor

I did an online search @haddon9 , and it does seem to be available elsewhere.  Thanks for your response.  

Honored Contributor

Remember...it's a VIRUS. Treat a virus like a virus (unless trouble occurs). 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
How much zinc is recommended? The zinc lozenges don’t have much in them but I bought zinc supplements and have no idea how often or how much to take.

Zinc lozenges work best against viruses when it is present on the lining of the mouth and throat where it inhibits viral replication. That doesn't happen inside the stomach when you take zinc supplements. Lozenges are the way to go. Follow the directions on the bottle. @lovesrecess 

Honored Contributor

I have a quirky theory that if your body says a fever is a good way to fight something, you should add more heat. I don't own a sauna but when I get a respiratory issue I'll try to breathe in the warmest air possible, typically from a hair dryer aimed at my face. If your body says a temperature of 101 or 102 can help kill a virus then breathing in heated air might help also. Instead of room temp air going into your lungs, breathe in heated air that's already over a hundred degrees. As a rule humans tend not to get flus and colds in the summer. Is air temperature a part of the reason? Could be. At the very least it shouldn't hurt anything and its easy to do. Just stay hydrated while you're doing it. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!