Honored Contributor

Re: Electric toothbrush- suggestions please

Our dentist recommends Oral B and I think it does a better job, by a small margin, than the Sonic.  I have had easier cleanings since I switched.

I also think that after a couple of years, these little motors don't spin as fast and don't hold a charge very long, and every couple of years I just get a new one.  I get tired of charging them so often and think they don't rev as fast or clean as well. 

Dentist also recommends the gentle round heads for the Oral B. 

Honored Contributor

I use an Oral B and like it very much.  I used a Sonicare for about ten years and liked it a lot, too.  When I finally needed a new one I decided to try something different.  I've been using my Oral B around three years.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have used both oral b and philips sonic care. i stuck with philips, because sonicare is way better at cleaning your teeth in my opinion.

sams club and costco sell a 6 pack of philips sonicare refill heads (the ones for plaque and diamond clean)  for the sonicare for about $32, when they are on sale, which is a few times a year and always during the xmas holiday season. from time to time, both stores carry other replacements brush heads. and yes, both ship them for free.

costco also has the brush heads in black in a 6 pack.

while i usually don't say this, but if you don't have a membership at either club, ask someone you know to order them for you online, to save you some money. i say this because i order them for my friend.

they are the same sale price in the store, but often, the stores run out. even if they are out of stock online at costco, you can still order them, and on the web page, it says when they will ship. go figure! <smile>

both also carry oral b refills, but i don't know the price because i don't use my oral b toothbrush any longer.

qvc usually has the sonicare as a tsv during the holiday season.

Honored Contributor

Cybersonic is the best.   IIRC, I got my first one here at QVC.

They always came out tops in comparison, but one of my favorite things is that small round brush head.  It's perfect for me.  Plus, when you buy them you can get on their replacement head program where they send you a couple of brushes for each of your units (we each have one) for a small price, every three months.

Trusted Contributor

I’ve always used the Sonicare since that is what my Dentist recommends. I buy the replacement heads at Costco but you can get them anywhere. I think it’s worth the money.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt : Great to see your post. Thanks for the information and will consider this when I decide to change. I already ordered replacements for the sonic care. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

I have a Braun and the base is just a tad larger than the brush base.

Oral B apparently bought Braun.  They're also recommended by periodontists.The replacement brushes fit both.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee ...the sonicare takes up very little space.  My dh's bathrooom is very small and he has one sitting on the vanity top....We purchase our replacement heads at Sam's.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee    I went to the dentist today and asked him what kind of electric toothbrush he recommended.  He recommends Burst.  It is much less expensive than the others and is recommended by thousands of dentists and hygienists.  He gave me a coupon code for $30 off.  I needed more Oral B brush heads, so went ahead and ordered the Burst sonic toothbrush.  The original price was $70 with free shipping.  They sell it on their website.  If you sign up for automatic delivery on their brushheads it has a lifetime warranty.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack : Great information and will consider this when I decide to change. Thanks. Southern Bee