Respected Contributor

Re: Electric toothbrush- suggestions please

[ Edited ]

Oral B for over 10 years. I've gotten use to the round shaped brush head, so I've never tried any others. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBeePerfect reason to go electric!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

@SilleeMee  I didn't realize that the brush heads could be changed. Thanks. Southern Bee

@SouthernBee 

Yes. Sonicare makes either snap on or screw on heads...just two styles. You can't interchange those but you can choose different types of bristles they offer with either type of brush head. Screw on heads are called E-Series and will only fit on certain models....you can look that up. All other Sonicare models use the same brush head base...just choose your bristle.

This article might help...just search:

'Sonicare brush heads explained, compared and reviewed: which is best?'

Some people say they don't like Sonicare toothbrushes. But I think it's the kind of brush head they are using that they don't like. If you change that part then maybe you'll change your mind, too.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SouthernBee 

Maybe try using a different type of brush head with your Sonicare. For example, I like the regular ProResults heads better than the Diamond Clean heads. For me changing the type of head made all the difference.

This! I have the DiamondClean model with loads of settings and I really only use one. The DiamondClean heads are the most expensive and when I ran out of the ones that came with mine, I used up my old brush heads from my older model. Try experimenting with different brush heads. You can even alternate. I alternate between a basic brush head and a DiamondClean every time I replace my brush head.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee @Alison Wonderland @ Trixx@millieshops @MorningLover @Carmie : Great information and help. Thank you. ❤️ Finally found them on Amazon a pack of 10 and each are individual wrapped with protective plastic covers. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

The only kind I use is the Spin Brush. Once I tried a Sonic and disliked it.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee   The brush heads MUST be changed, at least every 3 months.  That's important for reasons of both hygiene and effectiveness.  You just have to make sure that the brush heads are compatible with your device.  Once you've done that, the type of brush head is a matter of preference.

Honored Contributor

I have been using the sonicare for over 25 years... just added the braun which I use at night now... Sonicare in the morning.   I am happy with both.

Honored Contributor

I like this chart. I know it's super small but it shows how many different brush heads Philips makes and their purpose(s). If you want to view it up close go here:

https://www.electricteeth.com/philips-sonicare-heads/#Sonicare_Brush_Head_Comparison_Chart

Sonicare_Brush_Head_Comparison_August_2019_USA.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the Super Smile rechargable toothbrush and am very pleased with it. I also ordered another one for my hushand and he likes it.  These are not "throw away" toothbrushes. They do a good job and lasts a long time. I also have limited space in both of our bathrooms. This only takes up the space about the size of a half-dollar. Hope it works for you like it does for us.