Honored Contributor

Electric toothbrush- suggestions please

I have tried the cheap, the Sonic,  Braun and Oral B. All were recommended by my dentist. Time to reorder replacement heads. Decided ready to try something different. Space is limited because I have a very small bathroom vanity. I will be the only one to use  it. Your help appreciated suggesting something that you have tried. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Re: Electric toothbrush- suggestions please

[ Edited ]

I've been using a Philips Sonicare brush for over ten years, same one, and I think it's the best brush money can buy. Mine is the Flexcare model.

These models all use the same type of brush heads (base attachments are the same):  Diamondclean, Flexcare, Healthywhite, and Easyclean.  There are different kinds (bristles) of brush heads, depending on your preference.

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee Unless you were dissatisfied with the brand, I stand behind Sonicare. My present Sonicare is a Diamond Clean model which I purchased from QVC last year. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee : Currently using Phillips Sonic care but not sure of the model. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee @SilleeMee I've had an OralB and a Sonicare.  Liked the OralB but still decided to try the other.  Minr last all of maybe 7 months!

I went back to a manual brush.  That was over 10 years ago.  At my last cleaning-check-up, I asked for an electric brush suggestion.  The answer for me was "Why do that?  You're doing great with what you've been doing."

Honored Contributor

@millieshops : Just wanted something different. Thanks. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@millieshops : Due to bad arthritic hands need the electric plus still have trouble hitting the on/off button and difficulty in cleaning the teeth on the side especially the back. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Maybe try using a different type of brush head with your Sonicare. For example, I like the regular ProResults heads better than the Diamond Clean heads. For me changing the type of head made all the difference.

Honored Contributor

I love  my Sonicare.  I have had the same one for years and buy the replacement brushes at Sam's Club in bulk.

It was recommended by the dental hygienist.  I have really good teeth and gums and I think this toothbrush will keep them that way.  There little to no plaque that has to be removed during my twice a year dental visits.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  I didn't realize that the brush heads could be changed. Thanks. Southern Bee