Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I eat eggs probably four days out of seven.  And, if I'm not eating eggs, I'm using them in a recipe.  

Generally go through a dozen each week.

I'm quickly approaching 77 and healthy.

ETA:  I just noticed it's from CNN .... rather an "iffy" source for news.

CNN Is a legitimate news source. They wouldn’t have been on the air for 30 years if that was not the case, And when they don’t get it right they are first to speak up and say they haven’t. 

Respected Contributor

More important to me is that eggs are one of the few foods that are a good source of vitamin D

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@ALRATIBA  couldn't agree more.

If you can survive the side effects of the pill you might get better while draining your wallet.

@Snowpuppy 

And ... just look at the devastation caused by prescription opioid drugs!

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 

Actually, eggs contain trace amounts of every vitamin and mineral the human body requires on a daily basis.

Honored Contributor

3 - 4 eggs a day?

how many people eat that many eggs in one day?

love eggs and could eat them every day, especially while on vacation, but i think most people are not eating that many.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I stopped listening to the endless declarations about healthy eating long ago. If there is a consensus among doctors about the one way everyone should be eating, I haven’t seen it.

I eat a scrambled egg every morning for breakfast which also includes oatmeal, bananas, prunes, peanut butter and bread.

If this harms me, so be it.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Honored Contributor

Never been one much for eggs. Decades ago when hitting the Midwest with my Race Cars, we would stop for breakfast and "easy over" was my preference. Later in life "hard boiled" were mostly my choice. If I ate 2 eggs a month that was not the norm.

Since I never ate many eggs, I can take them or leave 'em!  I don't buy into any nonsense, one way or the other, when it comes to how bad or how good eggs might be for humans. What is BAD for most people with certain issues, has more to do with "everything" they eat, not just eggs or a hot dog.

If I feel like eating an egg or 3, no study will even enter my mind. Go the direction you feel is best for you, studies are always changing, your body? Not so much in those respects.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Not credible!