Honored Contributor

Effective Arthritis Pain Relievers

[ Edited ]

I've seen several discussions on effective pain relievers for arthritis.  Here are the results of a new study which was published in yesterday's LA Times and Health Magazine.  If the link doesn't work, cut and paste it.

http://news.health.com/2016/03/17/acetaminophen-wont-help-arthritis-pain-study-finds

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Effective Arthritis Pain Relievers

Thank you very much for posing this link. @Kachina624.   I read anything I can on the subject & this was informative.

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

Neither over the counter nor prescription NSAIDs are good for anyone if taken long term.  It's really better to reduce inflamation naturally.  Black cherry juice, tumeric, fish oil and coconut oil as well as noni juice all do a good job of if taken daily.  I use these and can definitely say they work.  I had stiff, swollen and painful fingers and after 2 months of taking one shot of noni juice daily all gone!!  A very active 90 year old told me about noni juice.  Many orthopedic doctors prescribe 2,000 mg of fish oil daily for inflamation.  One I went to told me that most won't take it as they want a quick fix regardless of any long term negative issues that can occur with prescription or over the counter drugs! While there may be times when over the counter and prescription meds may be necessary for short periods, long term usage can be harmful.

Contributor

What is noni juice?  I've never heard of it and would like to give it a try. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

Good article, thank you for posting.

I have severe OA. Trying with all my might to avoid anything prescription if I can. I take Aleve when I am in a tough spot.

After trying MANY natural things, I have settled on Hyaluronic Acid, Tumeric and honey. I start my day at the gym too, if I don't move it, it locks. I also notice my joints more when I have not been drinking enough water.

Move it or lose it!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I use a roll on called ,"Stop Pain"  you will not believe how well this works. It is like a miricle .If I had to take all the Tylonel I need to be pain free I would be a very sick woman ,but this roll on works excellent for me and everyone else I recommend it to. I get mine on a/d from Amazon but I think they sell it here on the Q ,or they did sell it at one time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

Neither over the counter nor prescription NSAIDs are good for anyone if taken long term.  It's really better to reduce inflamation naturally.  Black cherry juice, tumeric, fish oil and coconut oil as well as noni juice all do a good job of if taken daily.  I use these and can definitely say they work.  I had stiff, swollen and painful fingers and after 2 months of taking one shot of noni juice daily all gone!!  A very active 90 year old told me about noni juice.  Many orthopedic doctors prescribe 2,000 mg of fish oil daily for inflamation.  One I went to told me that most won't take it as they want a quick fix regardless of any long term negative issues that can occur with prescription or over the counter drugs! While there may be times when over the counter and prescription meds may be necessary for short periods, long term usage can be harmful.

Does anyone here drink back cherry juice for inflammation?    Does it actually help?     If so, how much do you drink?

Super Contributor

@Pook

@Jacie

Totally agree about going natural if at all possible.

Losing a large amount of weight and getting physical therapy gave me a life back, and has eliminated the need for a hip replacement.

Chronic pain and becoming homebound was a HUGE motivator!

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Respected Contributor

@TeezNu wrote:

@Pook

@Jacie

Totally agree about going natural if at all possible.

Losing a large amount of weight and getting physical therapy gave me a life back, and has eliminated the need for a hip replacement.

Chronic pain and becoming homebound was a HUGE motivator!

@TeezNu

Congrats on losing the weight and avoiding the hip replacement! It's amazing to me what we can do for ourselves to stave off surgery! You go girl!!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Pook  What is noni juice?  I finally quit taking glucosamine/chondroitin because it wasn't working.  I just started taking turmeric and hope it helps.  I'd be interested in trying the noni juice.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau