Regular Contributor

I have one done every year.  I have an aortic aneurysm that they watch.  You do the test, they send to your doctor.  If there's a problem you'll hear about it.  

Honored Contributor

@hckynut ---HI  John !!

I got the chemical stress test---did the echo before, than had some juice in my vein for 10 minutes of pictures--off to the treadmill for a 4 minute test with ekg-then back for 8 minutes of tests on my back and 5 on my tummy. No repeat echo--- Dr called yesterday to give me a high 5--all is fine even a little better from the last set of tests a couple years ago. Have a leaky mitral valve that seems to be less leaky. think I did have the diving back into the chair for a follow up set of tests afterwards, but that was from the standard walking on the treadmill in my younger days---

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 

According to my friend who is an Orthopedic Spinal Surgeon, arthritis is pretty common for many that undergo surgeries. He said it is almost a given in lumbar surgeries, but usually years down the road

From my own experience of having my L-5/S-1 discs removed in 1975, my spine was pretty arthritic, when I needed my L-3 Lumbar disc removed in around 2006.

While I have some discomfort much of the time, it does not effect my mobility or flexibility, to any noticeable degree. I knew this going into my 1975 surgery and it had no bearing on my choosing the surgical intervention for pain relief.

When having an MRI of my spine, my friend saw that I had nodules on my kidney. From there I went to my Urologist who did Ultrasound and detected the nodules and he measured them.

From there I had the Ultrasounds every 3 months for a year to watch their size, and every year thereafter. At some point they nodules were no longer present in my Right kidney.

I guess you learned the reason for some of you pain and that is always a good thing in my book.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@hckynut ---HI  John !!

I got the chemical stress test---did the echo before, than had some juice in my vein for 10 minutes of pictures--off to the treadmill for a 4 minute test with ekg-then back for 8 minutes of tests on my back and 5 on my tummy. No repeat echo--- Dr called yesterday to give me a high 5--all is fine even a little better from the last set of tests a couple years ago. Have a leaky mitral valve that seems to be less leaky. think I did have the diving back into the chair for a follow up set of tests afterwards, but that was from the standard walking on the treadmill in my younger days---

Hi @wagirl,

Glad to hear all went well, and sounds better than your last round of tests. I have had the leak in my valve going back a few decades when they first started using this type of testing.

Mine has stayed pretty much the same even through my heart attacks and other serious health issues that put extra strain on my heart.

During the years I was Anemic, there was no way I could do any type of active stress tests. I had the lying down one done called Lexiscan, which was injected via IV.

Those were much more physically draining on me the any of my all out Maximal Treadmill Stress Tests. I was wiped out for 2 days after. These were done when I was an In-Patient.

Probably about due for another Echo to check my Ejection Fraction(EF) number. After being diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure(CHF), after my 2nd heart attack, that number is very important to my Cardiologist, and of course myself.

Thank you for detailing your Echo testing, and I am really glad the results turned out good for you. Take good care now,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut  I was so happy when the Neurosurgeon told me he can help get rid of the pain by operating, I said WHEN. A few people said that it is major surgery and I said I´m in major, major pain. I was so happy when it was over. The second one a year later rid me of all my pain. That was 2003 and 2004. Only now and then I will feel a little pain and I guess i shouldn´t be surprised that my neck is filled with arthritis. I thought the pain would be worse.