Honored Contributor

Re: Early Morning Bathroom Trips

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am asleep by 10 most nights and my bladder wakes me at 5 30 and thats usually it I am in the bathroom ever 30 minutes, I do not drink a lot with dinner and nothing after, I am loosing sleep and this is so tiring.

SUggestions welcome

You’re getting 7.5 hrs. of uninterrupted sleep.  That falls into normal range for adults and is more than many adults get.  Try going to bed later, maybe you’ll sleep later.  

Honored Contributor

Biofeedback could help. Maybe talk to a physical therapist who specializes in women's health. Also a consult with a urologist may be beneficial. 
I find that Hylands Calms Forte homeopathic tablets help me sleep longer since either my bladder or pain wakes me up frequently. 

Honored Contributor

You're getting over 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  How much more do you want? 

You should probably mention this to your doctor.

Esteemed Contributor

Personally I would be dancing if I slept 7 1/2 hours without getting up.  That is a whole night really.  

Honored Contributor

See post #6 - she likes to leave things out of her original posts and then keeps adding more information...

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee - me, too! 😖💗

Super Contributor

@Bri369 @Still Raining -  yes!!💗

Trusted Contributor

I usually go to bed around 9:00 and need to go to the bathroom around 2:00.  Then I make it until I wake-up around 6:00.   Even when I was young, I don't think I ever was able to sleep the whole night without getting up at least once.

I know I have to go way too many times during the day.  I don't really drink that much fluids, but it seems as though I think I need to go about every 2 hours.  Don't really do that much, but just have that "feeling".  I mentioned to my dr. and she said if it's not affecting me with my everyday life to just leave it as is, as all prescriptions will have side effects.  So.....for now, I'm just making do with it.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am asleep by 10 most nights and my bladder wakes me at 5 30 and thats usually it I am in the bathroom ever 30 minutes, I do not drink a lot with dinner and nothing after, I am loosing sleep and this is so tiring.

SUggestions welcome

No comment on your bladder issue as I have a few of my own. Not many urinary tract tests I haven't had done. Keeps coming back with "small bladder". Must have shrunk over the years because I used to be able to put a lot of fluid away with no problems.

If I were getting the 7.5 hours of sleep that you mention, that would be almost double what I need to function well. Everyone needs different amounts of sleep, I know my wife does.

Haven't read any of the other posts, which has always been my MO on these forums. Hopefully you can get to the source of your issue. I am pretty well stuck with the diagnosis of "small bladder", I've accepted it.

john

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  I don't see any problems with this.  I go to sleep before 10 pm and sometimes get up during the night for a bathroom trip.  Usually get up by 6:15 am.  Never occurred to me that I might have a problem??  If I'm tired during the day, which I usually am, I take a nap.  

Not sure why you would need to spend 30 minutes though????