Honored Contributor

Early Morning Bathroom Trips

I am asleep by 10 most nights and my bladder wakes me at 5 30 and thats usually it I am in the bathroom ever 30 minutes, I do not drink a lot with dinner and nothing after, I am loosing sleep and this is so tiring.

SUggestions welcome

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Re: Early Morning Bathroom Trips

See a physician. There are medications for a condition called "overactive bladder' but it could be a number of things that may respond to medication.  Don't suffer.

Honored Contributor

You can last until 5:30 in the morning????     Holy cow......I think THAT is a track record (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I usually go to sleep by 9pm....and go to the bathroom maybe at 2am. So one trip usually. Is that normal? I do not know.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pee every two hours during the night. My last sip of water is at 6p. I just live with it.Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

I am also awake at 12:30 and 2:30 its after 5:20 that is bothersome to my sleep

@Desertdi wrote:

You can last until 5:30 in the morning????     Holy cow......I think THAT is a track record (!!)

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox Oh, oxox, it may not be overactive bladder; after al from 11 to 5:30 that's almost an 8 hour sleep.  Many, especially those over 65 are up twice a night at least.  Give in to the fact that you sleep 8 hours without interruption and give yourself credit for a good sleep and get on with your day.  I wasn't sure about the 30 minutes....you may wish to speak with your physician about this.

Honored Contributor

@D Kay 

Its not all day it is only in the early morning, I tired the OAB meds they had many to many side effects for me 

@D Kay wrote:

See a physician. There are medications for a condition called "overactive bladder' but it could be a number of things that may respond to medication.  Don't suffer.

Honored Contributor

@tobes 

Its just annoying I feel like I need additional sleep I have medical issues going on and sleep is healing 

thanks 

@tobes wrote:

@I am still oxox Oh, oxox, it may not be overactive bladder; after al from 11 to 5:30 that's almost an 8 hour sleep.  Many, especially those over 65 are up twice a night at least.  Give in to the fact that you sleep 8 hours without interruption and give yourself credit for a good sleep and get on with your day.  I wasn't sure about the 30 minutes....you may wish to speak with your physician about this.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox How about a  1 pm nap?