Honored Contributor

Re: EVER TAKE ALLI DIET PILLS?

@PilatesLover wrote:

I read a blog by a woman who experimented with Alli. At first she chuckled over the warning to wear brown pants, until ....

On a business flight layover, she went into the lady's room to freshen up when she realized to her horror that the back of her tan pants were covered with runny poop. Her warning was - you will not even feel that it is happening or be alerted that you need to get to a bathroom. It just seeps out. Woman Surprised

@PilatesLover

Oh boy .... this is scary!   

Honored Contributor

I have always assumed that the side effects of Alli are widely known - and not just "maybe" but "for sure."

I'm betting that the person who "doesn't care" will start to care the first time she majorly soils herself in public. 

I have had enough trouble over the years with Metformin (not a diet pill), but Alli makes Metformin look positively constipating.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I have always assumed that the side effects of Alli are widely known - and not just "maybe" but "for sure."

I'm betting that the person who "doesn't care" will start to care the first time she majorly soils herself in public. 

I have had enough trouble over the years with Metformin (not a diet pill), but Alli makes Metformin look positively constipating.

@Moonchilde

Actually, I'd never heard of it until my friend mentioned it,  but then assumed it was just another pill like Hydroxycut, etc.   Vitamins and some other "speedy" ingredient.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde

Actually, I'd never heard of it until my friend mentioned it,  but then assumed it was just another pill like Hydroxycut, etc.   Vitamins and some other "speedy" ingredient.

When it came out, the side effects were widely publicized at the time. I didn't necessarily mean that literally  "everyone" would know about it, but I would think that those who diet and presumably look into various diet aids would have heard of it and read up. I read up on anything I'm thinking of taking for whatever reason.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

A dear friend of mine is all excited about losing weight.  

She has ordered Alli diet pills and says she "doesn't care about the side effects".    

Is this a prescription drug ..... what do you know about it?   Ever take it?  

OMG, we have to "care" about side effects imho.