Honored Contributor

A dear friend of mine is all excited about losing weight.  

She has ordered Alli diet pills and says she "doesn't care about the side effects".    

Is this a prescription drug ..... what do you know about it?   Ever take it?  

Honored Contributor

Re: EVER TAKE ALLI DIET PILLS?

@Tinkrbl44  No way would I take any type of diet pill.  Most have been proven to be potentially dangerous.  I never heard of Ali but I don't pay much attention to ads for such things.  Remind your friend that if someone had really discovered the secret to weight loss, the news would be on every TV station and newspaper in the world. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Google Alli Diet Plan and bring up CVS Pharmacy.  They have a ton of information.  There are a lot of warnings. 

Screenshot_20170226-194013.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   

Alli is the over-the-counter version of a pharmaceutical weight loss drug called orlistat.

The prescription-only version is called Xenical, which contains a higher dosage. Alli diet pills contain 60 mg of orlistat, while Xenical pills contain 120 mg.

Many negative side effects...she may want to wear diapers if she is on them.....

As they block fat absorption, the presence of undigested fat in the bowel can cause digestive symptoms, such as abdominal pain, diarrhea and flatulence.

Some people also experience fecal incontinence and loose, oily stools.

Continued use of Alli can also impair the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, E and K.

For this reason, taking a multivitamin along with treatment is recommended.

Alli may also interfere with the absorption of some medications, and a few cases of liver failure and kidney toxicity have been reported.

People who are taking medications or have any sort of medical condition should consult with their doctor before taking Alli diet pills.

Honored Contributor

I just saw that it has orilast (sp) in it.  That's the chemical that will give you the runs (as in diarrhea like crazy).  That's what that other diet pill had in it that you could get over the counter.  It is called Alli.

That's how most of them work.  They give you (well you know).

Honored Contributor

Wynonna Judd is the celebrity spokesperson for Alli.  Supposedly she is taking them.

Honored Contributor

January, Decided time to loose weight. Depression so on, Used food to fix me. March visting Dad 93 and Son DIL GC and Friends Boca Raton. Felt miserable! Breast looked like swollen cantaloupe! Stomach bloated to the point. Six months pregnet. I know better to let myself go. Long story short, Removed all simple carbs sugar meat flour processed foods salt. Replaced with plant based diet. Within! Short time weight loss amazing! More importantly! Felt reborn and full of energy. Went from ex large to small side of medium. My skin glowing firmer, My neck flabby completely gone. Of course, Walking for exercise. Highly recommend clean approach. By product of eating this way, Fiber cleans your colon. Natually without prescription drugs. Back to shopping buying new clothes.
Honored Contributor

Your friend is playing with fire but since she doesn't care...so be it. I'm betting she'll be sorry but she'll never tell you.

Wynnona Judd couldn't sell me anything, can't stand her.

Honored Contributor

"Old Saying"   --    "The best exercise is to push yourself away from the table."

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Yikes!!!  

I'm surprised that the FDA allowed this to be on the market!