Honored Contributor

Re: EMPLOYER REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYEES TO BE VACINNATED

@chiclets wrote:

I have 2 doctors who refuse to see patients who have not had flu shots.

One will refuse to see you without a Covid test 48 hours before appointment.

Funny I have a PCP who is fine with the choice that I make. 

However each time I do come in I'm asked if I would like a flu vaccine....I asked the woman who was taking my vitals if she was required to ask.  She told me that yes she was.  I got the impression it was the insurance companies who require that the vaccine is brought up each time if you haven't gotten one yet.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's interesting @chrystaltree , and sad, in my opinion for everyone who was fired for declining a medical product that every person being treated at a hospital has the legal right to decline for any reason.  

In my state, medical exemptions are no longer permitted for children or adults working at hospitals with compromised immune systems, or undergoing chemotherapy, or even for those who experienced Guillaine-Barré paralysis.  Medical exemptions are strictly for those who have had a severe, life-threatening, well-documented anaphlyactic reaction to a prior flu shot.  I don't think that is fair or reasonable, or perhaps even legal, either.  That will be quite the lawsuit for sure-- A vaccine-injured, paralyzed medical professional or other hospital worker fighting for their legal right to refuse annual flu vaccination, the very medical product that seriously harmed them, as a condition of employment. 

Esteemed Contributor

States can mandate vaccines; however, states can also provide exceptions.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@chiclets wrote:

I have 2 doctors who refuse to see patients who have not had flu shots.

One will refuse to see you without a Covid test 48 hours before appointment.

Funny I have a PCP who is fine with the choice that I make. 

However each time I do come in I'm asked if I would like a flu vaccine....I asked the woman who was taking my vitals if she was required to ask.  She told me that yes she was.  I got the impression it was the insurance companies who require that the vaccine is brought up each time if you haven't gotten one yet.

@haddon9 , I have never gotten the flu shot before either.  And like you, every single year when I went in for my annual wellness exam with my PCP, I was asked if I got the flu shot.  I always said no and then I was asked if I wanted the flu shot.  And I always said no.  My doctor always told me it was my choice and it ended there.  I never felt like she was pushing me to get it or judging me because I didn't.   

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@tends2dogs  Just in case......

WHAT if we had all refused the polio vaccine??????

Unless you have a medical waver, since this virus is invisable, no one has the right to infect others, myself included.

Where would you be?

At the time of the polio epidemic, what was the survival rate?

Apples & oranges