Honored Contributor

Re: EMG Electromyography, how painful?

I called doctor's office and nurse told me it will feel like bee stings.  Well, we have hornets and those babies hurt.  I asked for an anti- anxiety scrip to take the monring of the test and they are phoning in for a couple Valium.  I will be fine with that, I know.  

Valued Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I called doctor's office and nurse told me it will feel like bee stings.  Well, we have hornets and those babies hurt.  I asked for an anti- anxiety scrip to take the monring of the test and they are phoning in for a couple Valium.  I will be fine with that, I know.  

@depglass, Good luck, please let us know how you did. Heart

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting that. My brother has to have this done in a couple of weeks. His is about the back/leg nerve.  I was wondering about this since no one I know of has had this done. @Tigriss.  That way I don't have to start a whole new thread.  I'm doing searches now to read others posts, before I post.  

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@depglass If I can get through a spinal tap, I'm sure you can get through that.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

This is my original thread from August and I just found it.  My session was a breeze compared to what I was expecting.  The valium really wasn't needed.  I have numbness in my toes and she was checking my balance problem out.  I'm pretty sure that numbness comes from an old case of minor frostbite.  They ruled out MS and Myasthenia Gravis.  I still have the balance issue but by judiciously cutting a couple of my drug dosages in half, the dizzyness is much better.  I have a cardiologist that is an absolute whiz, my GP misses a lot.