Respected Contributor
On 1/13/2015 Preds said:

Way to go BUCKEYES!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} YAY Buckeyes.

I shared this on another page, but was encouraged by other posters to share it here.....

A dear friend, years ago, got me interested in college football. I am a rabid, NY Yankees, NY Giants and NY Rangers fan for MANY years. But, I was never interested in college sports.

Years ago, my dear, late friend, Fran, talked with me, at length, about her beloved Crimson Tide. She was their greatest fan and shared a lot of knowledge about her beloved Tide. She "helped" coach them from her comfy living room chair. lol

I started to watch games, when I could, here in Jersey. She and I would chat about the games early the next week.

It's been several years since she passed. I still root for them, watch when possible, and follow the scores in Sunday's paper.

A mutual friend of ours is a rabid Buckeyes fan. She and Fran would tease one another about their teams....which one was better, which one would win, etc..

This year, when The Tide played the Buckeyes, I rooted for both. Our friend could swear she heard Fran cheering from heaven.

I think there was an "extra" coach from above helping out the Buckeyes the other night.

It was an exciting game to watch!!

Yes, years later, the legacy continues. I still root for the Tide. Now, I include the Buckeyes in my cheering as well.

I've made my dear friend so proud becoming a college football fan.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

You are one in a million to root for the Tide and Buckeyes. Diehard fans here in the Tuscaloosa area. What a very nice story.

Honored Contributor

Hi Hoovermom, Smiley Happy

I may be one in a million when it comes to college sports, because I root for my friends' teams. lol College sports, in my area of the country, are not as big a deal as it is in other parts of the country.

When it comes to my pro-teams, I am a diehard fan. I'm not nearly as nice about rooting for other teams.........even my friends' teams. lol

ETA: I really need to proof-read before hitting submit. lol

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

What a terrible match-up for a championship game... So many have been begging for a playoff and now there is one and THIS is what you get...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...