Valued Contributor

Re: Dubrows on Shop HQ being criticized

@Laura14 wrote:

You know, here in Atlanta our local airwaves are being flooded with the good deeds of local resident Tyler Perry paying for groceries during senior hours at Kroger and warning people not to send money to charity sites claiming to be him. 

In his words, "To whom much is given, much is expected," and "I'm not asking anyone for money.  Anything I do comes from me and my own pocket.

Maybe they should take a cue...

Love Tyler Perry...!

Honored Contributor

Hey, I agree with post #22.  Then it noticed it was me.  Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was at a local Walmart yesterday, they had sanitizers (kills 99.9%) 8oz's for $1.98. DH ordered Walmart brand refills online 60 oz's for $5.98! Availability is getting better.

Super Contributor

Not only the Dubrow's.  They added more con artists to rip off and endanger customers.  A $99 UV lamp claimed to sanitize objects.  They are not only misleading people they are endangering their lives.  Consumer Lab tested UV lamps and there is only UVC that's effective.  But they don't know how long it takes to kill the virus or anything else.  They sell masks for insane prices.  ShopHQ uses this viurs to profit from questionable merchandise.  I am totally disgusted with that company.  Their customer service has been the worst even before this pandemic.  I hope they go out of business.  What disgusted me the most is the fact that we needed doctors desperately to help patients Dr. Dubrow sits in his palace hocking his overpriced wares.

Honored Contributor

The type of hand sanitizer they are selling has no alcohol and from what I have read, is NOT as effective killing the Covid-19 virus as alcohol based sanitizers.  And according to the CDC, using soap and water is still the gold standard.  So for ShopHQ to allow the DuBrows to make a claim that their product is better than soap and water is misleading, especially the type the DuBrows are peddling.

Between their overpriced hand sanitizers, of which their are others being sold on that channel, their overpriced masks and shields, and the way they are playing on the fears of the public, I am done with them.

They have absolutely nothing that I need or want.  Their clothing has proven to be a disappointment time and time again, their CS is deplorable, their s/h is over the top ridiculous and their make-up and skincare lines don't interest me in the very least.  I am out with them.

Valued Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@emmygrace wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Woman Very Happy

@emmygrace wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Woman Very Happy

Lol!! Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva , I'm with you on this one. I was furious when hand sanitizers were impossible to find and he was touting his which contained no alcohol and he never once mentioned it. And please, skincare, dietary supplements, THEN, as if she's a fashion maven, her dowdy line of thrown together fashion.  Give me a flying break. I used to like him on Botched, now the sight of his face makes me change the channel.  I used to like Shophq.  Now, ugh, it's him over and over and over again.  So money hungry.

Respected Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

@Lipstickdiva , I'm with you on this one. I was furious when hand sanitizers were impossible to find and he was touting his which contained no alcohol and he never once mentioned it. And please, skincare, dietary supplements, THEN, as if she's a fashion maven, her dowdy line of thrown together fashion.  Give me a flying break. I used to like him on Botched, now the sight of his face makes me change the channel.  I used to like Shophq.  Now, ugh, it's him over and over and over again.  So money hungry.

I have lost any respect I had for him and his wife. Every time he shows a room UVC sanitizer he says this is the one we use in our office or in the operating room. They are also not selling N 95 face masks which he makes it seem like - they are selling KN 95 facemasks which are not the same. 

QVC Customer Care