Honored Contributor

Re: Dry eyes and what otc to use

@Sweet_Serenity,

If you are still interested...pipingrock has their 60-cap 100mg hyaluronic on sale  for $7 per bottle. Sale ends in two days.

Super Contributor

feline groovy 

Where do you purchase these supplements and what brand?  I want to try them.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

@shiningstar wrote:

feline groovy 

Where do you purchase these supplements and what brand?  I want to try them.

Thanks

@shiningstar,

Which supplement are you asking about?

Honored Contributor

Systane really helps me. My eyes are dry from using a computer for my job all day, plus I like to read, so I use Systane recommended by my eye doctor! I have tried a few other ones(cheaper) but they didn't work for me as wel, my hubby even switched to Systane.....He was using Visine for dry, itchy eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

@12andcounting wrote:

I have dry eyes, also.  For me the product that has worked best is the Systane line (which is one of the brands that my eye doctor recommended).  I use a daytime one and then a gel-type one at night for a little heavier moisturizing.

@12andcounting, I've been using Systane for about nine years. My opthamologist also recommended. It's expensive but very good. When I use it, I find it just takes the dryness away for a long time, not just a while. Love Systane and immediate and lasting relief from it. Real good for dryness from spring allergies.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Tons of drops - even ones from the eye doctor - didn't help my dry eyes. Tear duct plugs did nothing either. 

I tried Procaps (Andrew Lessman) Ultimate Eye Support supplements & that got rid of my dry eye problems - even took care of my bad night vision! 

Same here, @willdob3. I've taken them for years. No restrictions, like glasses, on my driver's licenses. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have dry eye from too much computer screen.... I find relief with Refresh Optive....

My youngest son had laser surgery on his eyes and has had dry eye ever since and he uses Systane.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@12andcounting wrote:

I have dry eyes, also.  For me the product that has worked best is the Systane line (which is one of the brands that my eye doctor recommended).  I use a daytime one and then a gel-type one at night for a little heavier moisturizing.

I like Systane too.

I have many problems after my lasix and my Dr. recommended Systane.  I went back with dry eyes just last year, and he recommended Systane and Retaine.  Retaine very much helped.  You can get it online and Amazon may carry it.  Walgreens carries it too.

Plus, there's an OMEGA 3 specifically for dry eyes.  I find it even more effective than Andrew Lessman.  That's on Amazon---Hydroeye

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

http://www.sciencebasedhealth.com/HydroEye-Powerful-Dry-Eye-Relief-P43.aspx

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Seems my eyes are hurting more and tearing. So I would appreciate reccomentations. I went for a eye exam last week and got my eyes dilated. It seems to me my eyes got worse and harder to read some parts of the newspaper. Don't know if I can blame that though.

I use prescription only Restatis.  I've tried every over the counter product out there.  It's a medication that works in your system to help you produce tears.  I cannot see, if I don't use this because my eyes blur when they are dry.  Thank goodness that there is now another med that does the same thing, so Restasis has some competition.  Hopefully this will bring down the price.  I only use half of a vial twice a day instead of the whole tube twice a day per my optometrist's instructions.  Sometimes my insurance company gives me a hard time and doesn't want to fill it.  They would prefer I use over the counter products.  My doctor has to call the insurance company and then it gets filled.