Respected Contributor

My eye doctor just told me to start taking fish oil supplements.  Any good ones out there?  Does anyone take any of Andrew Lessman's products for dry eyes?  I already use drops.

Respected Contributor

I take Andrew's Omega 3 and have been for a number of years.  I take 14 of his supplements and think they are great.

Respected Contributor

I am on restates drops and they work well. A prescription is required. 

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl I have had dry eyes for years and use prescription restasis drops at night.  I recently had cataract surgery and my doctor recommended I use Refresh preservative free drops during the day.  This comes in the individual vials not the bottles. I was using the drops in the bottles about 5 times a day.   Reason to use the preservative free is that If you use the drops frequently throughout the day, the preservative in the drops will cause your eyes to be dry out so he said use the vials without preservatives.  I see a difference since using the preservative free drops.  You might want to try several brands to find your best one.  But Refresh works for me and I get a big box at Costco. HTH

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl I also use the Andrew Lessman fish oil since I don't get the fishy after taste.  Have also tried the Kori Krill Oil and It seems about the same to me.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl   I had severely dry eyes for years.  I started using Viva Naturals Omega-3 Fish Oil that I order from Amazon.  I take 2 a day.  I also take Puritans Pride Zeaxanthin 4 mg. with Lutein 10 mg. that I also order from Amazon.  For eye drops I use Refresh Liquigel lubricant eye gel.  I've tried many different brands, and this is by far the best.  I used prescription Restasis for a while, but it didn't help me at all. 

My eyes started improving greatly after starting this regimen.  I've used it for many years.  I rarely need eye drops anymore.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

My eye doctor recommends Refresh or Systane. 

Honored Contributor

My eye doctor recommended Systane, and I really like it. It works very well and is very moisturizing.

Respected Contributor

I used to take Nordic Naturals brand I'd buy at the health food store, but I believe you can find them in regular supermarkets too.

I stopped because cholesterol is an issue for me and some info out there says it is possible, in some people, for fish oils to raise cholesterol, so my doc and I decided I didn't need it as much as I need to watch my cholesterol. I'm a healthy eater, and get some omega 3's in the foods I eat.

But I found that brand to be good...no fishy taste, easy to take gel caps. 

Valued Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I have severe dry eyes. 
The only prescription product that helps me is Lacrisert ophthalmic inserts made by Bausch & Lomb. 
Restasis and Xiidra eyedrop prescriptions both burned my eyes. 
The OTC eye drops that work best for me are Bion Tears preservative-free lubricant eye drops for severe dry eyes in single vials. 
All the best in your search!

DF36BE4F-4A5A-4CBF-B890-E0993378AEAE.jpeg