Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers I received an email today that non essential appointments would be rescheduled.  I’m relieved.

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@1Snickers I received an email today that non essential appointments would be rescheduled.  I’m relieved.

My husband had a hip replacement this past fall and was due in for just a routine check with the ortho doc next week.  He received an email with questions asking about how he was doing, etc.  Then received a message that since everything seemed to progressing as expected, that the in person appointment would be cancelled but they would be doing a telephone conference with him during the scheduled time of his appointment.  

Seems like a good way to handle routine checkups for something like this when there doesn't appear to be any problems.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Trusted Contributor
I just emailed my DH's cardiologist to see if he thinks it's safe for him to be seen this Thursday or if we should reschedule. He has serious cardiac issues and is seen every few months. He is 76 and I'm very nervous about him going into a doctor's office at this time but I really would like the doctor to see him. Waiting to hear back.😷
Trusted Contributor
I've also rescheduled my 84 year old mother's 6 month oncology appointment and her regular appt. with her PCP and also rescheduled DH's regular PCP appt. Three appointments rescheduled and waiting to hear about the fourth appt. UGH!!!!
Honored Contributor

My Dr. and Dentist office are both still open for all patients.  On the Doctor's site for making appointments there is a notice if you have the sneezing, coughing, shortness of breath and have traveled to an affected area they are requesting you to call a certain number.  Otherwise you can schedule an appointment for now for all other matters.  My Dr.'s office as for several years now offered e-visits for many things.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

My husband had a hip replacement this past fall and was due in for just a routine check with the ortho doc next week.  He received an email with questions asking about how he was doing, etc.  Then received a message that since everything seemed to progressing as expected, that the in person appointment would be cancelled but they would be doing a telephone conference with him during the scheduled time of his appointment.  

Seems like a good way to handle routine checkups for something like this when there doesn't appear to be any problems.  

@pitdakota funny, this was an ortho appointment also.

Esteemed Contributor

Radiology is screening all patients and only want the patient, no one with them.  They are being very careful. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My PCP is shut. His vm said to email if you want to Skype or have a teledoc visit. 

For refills, email as well with no more than 48 hr turn around time.

Esteemed Contributor
Medicare yesterday approved virtual visits for the most at risk patients. The agency had to wave privacy rules.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess 

I left a message yesterday on my Doc's phone, saying I want to reeschedule my Wednesday appointment.

My Doc called me back personally today, saying she was closing her office down for 2 weeks.  It seems someone who was in her waiting room later was diagnosed with the virus.   

Hey, they not only have to be careful for containment reasons, but ,before this is over, some moron  will sue some company because they contracted the virus on their premises.  It's coming.