Honored Contributor

Old school here.

I call the nurse if I have a question.

Doctor calls me if he needs to talk to me.

My doctor always needs labwork, so all my appointments are in person.

His office is in the hospital so during the worse of the  pandemic they all were very proactive.   I always felt safe.

I don't see how a visual call is sufficient.   I always went to appointments in person during flu season, taking all the similar precautions.

Valued Contributor

I have had phone appts with a doctor (as that group have not gone back to their office) and I have gone into other doctor's offices . I guess it just depends upon where you live.

Honored Contributor

Mine never stopped taking patients in  person and even before Covid had Evisits for convenience.  I have never done one and I have been in several times since March.  I went last week for a visit and they were now hiring a "contractor" as opposed to a staff/nursing member to run the door check upon a patient's entrance.  The woman sat and read her book while waiting for the next person to knock on the door.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

If you are writing here on a machine, does it not have a camera?  Could you ask to confirm about the various apps?  This is indeed a perplexing time.

Honored Contributor

My health group has a portal called My Chart.  I love it.  All of my health evaluations are there through the years from each of my doctors except my current orthopedic doctor whom a friend referred me to and he's not in this group.

But I can make all of my appointments on it, cancel appointments if necessary as well.  After making or breaking an appointment, I get an email confirmation.  This saves a lot of time using the phone going through prompts only to end up on hold waiting for a real person.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)