Contributor

Count me in, I do the exact same thing.  

As others have said it just puts me in a bad mood.

Esteemed Contributor

sherrikay, this post made me laugh.  I had a 7:30 Dr. appt  this morning.  I weighed myself without any clothes on & after I piddled.  Then I showered.  I weighed 10# more on their scale than mine.  Then I told the Dr. that I was going to take my dh to the new donut shop in town for a cappuccino and a donut since I had to get him up at 6:30 to snow blow 5" of snow off the driveway.  He gave me permission to do it.  Yes  it was worth $11.45.  

Glenda

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Just tell them you prefer to not get weighed and keep walking.  They can't MAKE YOU get on the scale.

@Kachina624 Do I need my "Don't you cross me!" face to go with this?  Woman Mad  Woman Very Happy

@Sooner    No, you need your confident "I know what I'm doing" face.  Its amazing how people let medicos intimidate them, especially older people.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don't step on the scale....I tell the nurse I weighed myself that morning and I weigh ___________ pounds. That's it. She takes the verbal. 

Valued Contributor

I'm the same, plus I have white coat syndrome, too.  My primary care doesn't have a scale anymore, they have a chair that transforms into a table that weighs you while you sit there.  I always say don't tell me and then they have a thing that automatically takes my blood pressure 3 times and averages it out, since I'm generally anxiety ridden in the medical office!  If I never had to go to another doctor's appt. it would be fine by me!

Valued Contributor

I see my doctor every 3 months to get weighed! I've been overweight most of my adult life and finally got to a weight I can live with. I still gain easily so I made a plan with my doctor to come in periodically to get weighed. I'm amazed at how well it works! I weigh myself daily and It helps to have a doctors weigh in planned to keep me on track.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not! I have recently lost 70 lbs and welcome the fact to jump on anyones scale! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

Re: Dr appt today

[ Edited ]

I usually tell the nurse.."fatter than I was last time"..and walk past the scale.

Just walking in that door makes my blood pressure go up.

Esteemed Contributor

You can refuse to get on the scale. I've been doing that for the past few years. I tell the nurse that as a lifetime member of WW, I find that weigh-in is traumatic for me, that it's more important to get health care than to get weighed. I have never had anyone object because I can refuse any aspect of my care. My doctors don't seem to care or even notice that the info isn't there.

Esteemed Contributor

My neighbor refuses to step on any scale!