Respected Contributor

Dr @ Queens Hosp in UK advises corona virus breathing technique

I just watched a video I believe is worth sharing.  

J.K. Rowling is recovering from suspected (untested) Covid 19.  She shared this video that her doctor-husband advised, and she believes it aided her recovery.  I am afraid to insert a link, but it's on YouTube.  A Google search for "Doctor at Queens Hospital in the UK advises on potential lifesaving corona virus breathing technique" should bring it up for you.

If you agree this is valuable information, please pass it along to loved ones.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Dr @ Queens Hosp in UK advises corona virus breathing technique

@IamMrsG     Good to know! Thank you for sharing! I learned   something... especially about not laying on your back when your lungs are not working good.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG -

Thank you!

I also saw an intensive care nurse quarantined at home with the virus who said she thought about what she would do for her pts and did it to herself.

Lying on stomach! But she didn't go into details like this UK one.

I wondered why they did have pts on ventilators on their stomachs. Now I know why.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

J.K. Rowling is recovering from suspected (untested) Covid 19.  She shared this video that her doctor-husband advised, and she believes it aided her recovery.  I am afraid to insert a link, but it's on YouTube.  A Google search for "Doctor at Queens Hospital in the UK advises on potential lifesaving corona virus breathing technique" should bring it up for you.

I  most certainly will. Many thanks for the heads up. We are being hard hit in the Detroit metro area!

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@IamMrsG . I saw a video this morning about breathing exercises too.  Dr. Sten Eckberg.

Honored Contributor

How often are you suppose to do the 6 deep breath exercise? I missed that part as the sound was not good on the video

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden   The doctor says to do 2 cycles of the 6 breaths before doing the 10 minute, slight deep breathing, front-down lie-down.  He did not recommend a frequency for doing it, although I surmise this is beneficial any time, or as often as needed. 

As I tend to be short-winded all the time anyway, I'm planning to start doing  it now and not wait for if I catch the virus.    

@on the bay   When I saw some hospital photos last month (maybe from China), it stuck in my memory that some of the patients were lying face down.  I thought it was odd, so was glad when this video explained it.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Thank you - I didn't know J K Rowling had corona virus, or something similar.

QVC Customer Care