Honored Contributor

Dr. Oz green drink (flatten your stomach?)

Has anyone tried this particular Dr. Oz green drink?  He says to add it to your daily meals and you will be on the way to flattening your stomach.  

In the copy of the First magazine I picked up yesterday, it also says it's important to add the ingredients in the order in which they are listed so as to gain maximum benefit from the enzymes released.

First for Women Magazine Cover

from doctoroz DOT com

The 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge was designed as a rapid weight loss program to get those extra inches off your waist before the summertime. Drink this vegetable-based juice to help flush your system of excess toxins. 

Ingredients for 2 servings
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cucumber
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 1 pear with skin
  • juice of 1 lemon

Directions

1. Blend spinach with water.

2. Then add cucumber and celery and blend.

3. Next add the pear and blend.

4. Last, squeeze the juice of one lemon into the mixture and enjoy.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Dr. Oz green drink (flatten your stomach?)

If I added that to my daily diet my stomach would flatter for sure as it would make me sick and I wouldn't be eating anything.

Respected Contributor

Looks like typical magazine cover stuff.  It sounds sickening.  I'm glad I'm not trying to lose weight.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Has anyone tried this particular Dr. Oz green drink?  He says to add it to your daily meals and you will be on the way to flattening your stomach.  

In the copy of the First magazine I picked up yesterday, it also says it's important to add the ingredients in the order in which they are listed so as to gain maximum benefit from the enzymes released.

The ingredients are blended together, so it makes no sense that they must be added to a container in a particular order.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

Don't know if it would help with your tummy, but at least it would be a healthy green drink.   I'm always underwhelmed with these articles, but I must admit I love to read them anyway.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm skeptical of this guy and pay no attention to him or his "stuff."

Respected Contributor

You cannot spot reduce. You can lose weight, but you can't decide where with a diet or exercise. If you want to lose fat and target the exact area where you lose, that can only be done with liposuction or body contouring.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like another snake oil cure.  Yeah, right, like this will really work.  If it did, no one would have a poochy tummy.

Honored Contributor

I'd be surprised if Dr. Oz even knows about this gimmick.  He and Oprah are targets for this type of stuff using their names all the time.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Dr. Oz will say anything for a buck.....

He should stick to heart surgery. His show is so bogus.