Trusted Contributor

Anyone have an endorsement on his products?  

Can you weigh in @sidsmom

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom

Good Morning! 

Question: is there a particular reason why you’re choosing 

Dr. Gundry’s line of supplements?

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom  I thought his Vital Reds sounded interesting and his Heart Defense.  I see his ads periodically.  

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom

I’m not a big fan of supplements & I’m not a fan of Dr. Gundry

so that might sway my opinion...!  Keeping an open mind...though..

seems his supplement line is really priced high.  

I would bet you could find a comparable item in your

local health store or Amazon that would have the exact

same ingredients for a fraction of his price point. 

I do notice he has a 90-day money back guarantee.

I’ll always champion for a whole foods approach for the

additional fiber/nutrients for less money, but with the

money back guarantee, you really don’t have anything to lose.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom@puttypiesmom. As I am now reading a book by Dr. Gundy, I was curious to know what either of you think about his Lectin hypothesis.  I take it from your response above, Sidsmom, that you do not agree with it, and as I know you are a vegetarian, I can certainly understand and appreciate that you would not like any diet that includes meats.   

Just curious.  And very interested, too.  There are so many different ideas floating around as to how we should eat, and which foods are either bad or good for us.  

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom  I'm interested  in your opinion of lectins too.  Also, while I understand your opinion that real food is better than supplements, do you not agree that sometimes we cannot get everything from food especially in the quantities necessary to make a difference?  Do you not like Andrew Lessman??  I value your opinion always so please feel free to explain.  

Thank you.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@sidsmom@puttypiesmom. As I am now reading a book by Dr. Gundy, I was curious to know what either of you think about his Lectin hypothesis.  I take it from your response above, Sidsmom, that you do not agree with it, and as I know you are a vegetarian, I can certainly understand and appreciate that you would not like any diet that includes meats.   

Just curious.  And very interested, too.  There are so many different ideas floating around as to how we should eat, and which foods are either bad or good for us.  

@Jersey Born

I’m not vegetarian but Plant Based.

The lectin angle is just another Low Carb diet recarnated.

Cooked beans are the cornerstone of many cultures thoroughout

the World throughout generations.  The vitamins/minerals/fiber

are an important part of prevention/reversal of heart disease,

diabetes, cancers, obesity, etc...it’s stunning to see someone to

promote NOT eating them...makes one think ‘WhatAreYouThinking??’

On his ‘no’ list, he calls potatoes a ‘refined’ food. Huh?

It’s really not a mystery of what is good for us. 

A plant based whole food diet, low in fat, is the diet the

longest living people have been eating for 1,000s & 1,000s of years.  

All the info is out there to guide us, free of charge.

Dr. Michael Greger (nutritionfacts.org) did several videos

(all on YouTube) about lectin & the Plant Paradox, specifically.  

Here is the transcript of that particular video.  

https://youtu.be/7NT4q_5dfLs

669D132B-A205-4D2A-B550-99F33D1A975B.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @sidsmomI read the transcript of the video and it of course makes a lot of sense.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the link @sidsmom.  For me, personally, I cannot eat eggplant or peppers.  I have allergies to them.  They are both nightshades that most definitely inflame me.  I also know that for me, I cannot eat bread or pasta, as those spike my sugar levels and then drop me off precipitously making me lethargic.  I am avoiding processed foods and sugar, too, as I do not see any health benefit in these things.  So, for me, some of this Plant Paradox diet makes some sense to apply to my life.  I am not saying this diet is for everyone, or that anyone should follow it to a T for life. For certain, it is not the end all and be all. We may all look the same, as humans, but we all have different food allergies, different food sensitivities, and different food tastes and food preferences, and food experiences. Certain food smells and textures may turn us off completely and make us wretch, no matter how "healthy" those foods  might be for our bodies.

For me, personally, adhering to some of the Plant Paradox principles, by avoiding some foods that I had been eating regularly, does seem to be helping me to lose weight and have more energy.  I will say that much.

We all need to pay close attention to what certain foods are doing to us, as individuals.    

Contributor

This chart may be helpful to those who want to avoid the nightshade family. 
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://333oee3bik6e1t8q4y139009mcg-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-...