Honored Contributor

Dr Colbert MD on Evine Live selling the Keto diet

OMG😳  What a plastic surgery nightmare

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr Colbert MD on Evine Live selling the Keto diet

Looks aside, selling anything Keto this or Keto that is ludricous.

That diet is so highly dangerous...but boy, he’s raking in the cash

with the supplements.

There’s a sucker born every minute.

Lord. 🙄

Esteemed Contributor

I’d much rather be watching Stephen Colbert. These Keto diets are not balanced. Our bodies were not meant to be on such restrictive diets. I find it interesting that the FDA has warned consumers that meat-only dog foods, those without grains and other essential components, are causing heart problems in dogs. Of course, humans are not dogs (well, at least most of them) but there’s a lesson in promoting restrictive diets.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian 

Whoa.

Didn’t know about the dog-food story. Have to poke around for more info. Kinda like they say don’t pour oil/grease down your drains because it can clog...but people eat the stuff. 😳Do the math.

But that’s another topic for another thread.

And yes, I giggled over Steven Colbert. ITA

Respected Contributor

How do you “sell” a keto diet? It’s just food. You don’t need anything special. I wonder what he was selling. Sounds weird. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't understand.  What are they selling?  The ketogenic diet doesn't require anything special,  no one has to buy anything except food.  If you follow it, you just restrict what you eat to be complaint with a ketogenic diet.  Other than a good book that explains ketogenic eating, there's no reason to buy anything.

Respected Contributor

I checked out his many books on Amazon. I'll pass..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I saw him when I was channel surfing.  He does not look healthy.  But, I did stop for about three minutes to hear his ridiculous sales pitch!  

When I watched, he was selling some keto powder that gave you a burst of energy or some such nonsense.  

Trusted Contributor

This newest wave of keto diet garbage almost bypasses food altogether and would have us living on powders and supplements.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

How do you “sell” a keto diet? It’s just food. You don’t need anything special. I wonder what he was selling. Sounds weird. 

@Grouchomarx  This morning he was selling MCT Oil capsules....and some drink mix that supposed puts you back into the KETO fat burning mode if you went off the diet plan....like some kind old easy fix for cheating.   I think he THINKS. He is an expert....selling his snake oil goods.