Honored Contributor

Re: Down to my last square of Lessman Chocolate!

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 Your credit card will LOVE you for using it and not neglecting it! Smiley LOL

I forgot to tell you, I think. When I went for my lab tests again this year, my doctor said not only had the ChocoNuvo continued to keep me off the statin drug he had me on for years, it has again lowered my numbers. So that makes, I think, THREE years without statin drugs and the only change I made in my overall way of eating was to introduce CN to my regimen each day.

Really nice when something that tastes so, so good is also good for you. Although Andrew said doing more than five a day will not be more beneficial, I tend to have more than five in a day when I have two at each meal and sometimes one for this chocoholic's sweet tooth!

One of the gals I work with (who used to bum off some squares from me occasionally) said her husband's numbers did improve since they purchased a big container back in April. It as not a huge amount, but enough for his doctor to tell him to continue with the CN and they would check again in six months. His doctor was a little leery, but was impressed when he read the ingredients on the container.

Still deciding how many of the 300 bags to get. I'm pretty sure he will do another TS of the CN in April, but do I want to take a chance? Hmmm....

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  Congrats!!!  I just had my labs done too and I had some of my best numbers yet!  I am highly, highly susceptible to high cholesterol thanks to genetics so I am stoked.  I am just waiting for the price and what amounts so I can plan accordingly.  

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  Oh and don't forget he normally does a monthly special price in December too I think.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 Congratulations on your good numbers too!

You and I have to carefully plan how many we buy so we don't run out! And yes, I believe he does good pricing in December too, but not TS pricing if I recall correctly. What to do, what to do. ha!

Honored Contributor

Okay, I went through and added up how many pieces I bought throughout the season last year.  I ended up with 1680 pieces of CN.  Smiley Surprised  I am down to my last bag so that was just about right. 

Can you beat that @World Traveler ?  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  If I stick to 5/day, then that is 1,825 in a year. I'm sure there are days when I eat more and days when I eat less, so I am going to assume that is probably pretty close to accurate.

That means six of the big bags and I still have a full one in the refrigerator.

My concern is that it is still a bit warm where I live (high 90's last week) and I don't want it to melt before I get home from work. However, it is going to be in the upper 70's, lower 80's next week, so by the time they are shipped, the temperature will hopefully have cooled down even more.

Actually, one year it was really hot when they arrived and I opened one container to see how the chocolate was. They were just a tad soft, but all I needed to do was put the container in the refrigerator and they were just fine. I prefer for them to melt in my mouth! LOL!

Also, I like to have extras on hand because I tend to hand them out for people to try, and then they purchase it on their own, not only for the taste but for the cholesterol-lowering value. 

And one of the gals I work with, last year she ran out because her two teenagers tried and loved them, and that was that! ha! So she purchased one bag from me.

So maybe five for me is all I actually  need to ensure I have enough all year. 

Trusted Contributor

How many are people taking to get the good lab results? I have the Choconuvo but take it here and there, not consistently. 

Trusted Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

How many are people taking to get the good lab results? I have the Choconuvo but take it here and there, not consistently. 

@World Traveler  I see you said about 5 a day. I wonder what the minimum is that’s required for good results. 

Honored Contributor

@Teddie  I usually have about 2-3 a day.  However, to be fair, I also eat a fairly clean diet (very low sugar) which is a big part of my good lab results too.  

@World Traveler You are the queen!  I was thinking 5-6 bags myself to be good to go.  

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@World Traveler  I see you said about 5 a day. I wonder what the minimum is that’s required for good results. 

@Teddie Andrew has said during his presentations that he recommends 1-2 per meal. It depends upon how the food is.......if it is fatty, then he suggests 2-3, up to 5/day. So if you were to have a big dish of ice cream, then you should take more than one.

He also said that going over 5/day does NOT mean you will even better cholesterol results. So, if you ate 6-7, the results would not be any better than the up-to-5/day he suggests.

A long time ago I called his customer service people. I told them I loved the chocolate so much that I was concerned if eating too many (over five) would have contraindicated concerns. They said that there is no harm in having more than 5/day, other than they are 26 calories each, and I might gain more weight! ha! So that is the only concern of having more than he has suggested.