Esteemed Contributor

Re: Don't feel too bad when you eat cr@p

@Trinity11 I try to eat as low carb as I reasonably can, which is about 20-50 grams per day. It’s easy to have carbs sneak in.....I eat a lot of red meat, eggs, and cheese and my cholesterol has gone down and my triglycerides are particularly low. Condiments (even low sugar ones) often have carbs. I eat nuts and peanuts, too, and they have a few carbs. 

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Trinity11 I try to eat as low carb as I reasonably can, which is about 20-50 grams per day. It’s easy to have carbs sneak in.....I eat a lot of red meat, eggs, and cheese and my cholesterol has gone down and my triglycerides are particularly low. Condiments (even low sugar ones) often have carbs. I eat nuts and peanuts, too, and they have a few carbs. 

My son eats the same way. His cholesterol is also excellent. I have that genetic high cholesterol (had the testing) so when I eat too low carb, my LDL goes high. I walk a fine line. No real eggs and beef rarely. Cheese? I love but cut back.

When I ate plant based for 3 months my triglycerides got dangerously high. Just goes to prove there is no such thing as a one size fits all diet.

Thanks for your reply @Goldengate8361

Honored Contributor

@c_la_vee wrote:

Everything in moderation it’s good advice but the problem with that advice is that It’s very difficult to follow

It’s like, here’s a bag of potato chips but only eat five chips because that  is the healthy portion or When you buy a burger only eat 1/4 of it because that is the moderate portion.

That is good sound and sounding advice but it’s practically impossible to follow for people who have eating disorders  

It’s better for them to avoid those bad food altogether or only eat them on Sunday let’s say, between 4pm and 5pm. and be good the rest of the week, But you know you have that hour coming up where you can eat whatever you want and get your yayas of your system

moderation is one of the hardest things to achieve  but it sounds so simple 

I’m sure my post is full of mistakes but I’m dictating

@c_la_vee Moderation seems to mean different food choices for different people. Like yourself, I canno handle certain foods. They trigger cravings so I have to avoid them. There never has been a chip where I ate just 10. I have heard this same thing from a lot of my family and friends.

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I was going to avoid a discussion of what constitutes healthy eating because views on that are held as fervently by some folks as religion and or politics. That said, now that others have voiced their opinions about what they consider to be healthy eating, I MUST share the truth as I know it (yes, backed by rigorous science). Eating low carb is absolutely the healthiest way for everyone to eat. It’s a huge misconception that fats are bad for you. I, for one, would never eat a plant based diet! And, yes, I’m very, very heathy. There. That needed to be said. 

How can you eat low carb though without being on a mostly plant based diet?  

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I was going to avoid a discussion of what constitutes healthy eating because views on that are held as fervently by some folks as religion and or politics. That said, now that others have voiced their opinions about what they consider to be healthy eating, I MUST share the truth as I know it (yes, backed by rigorous science). Eating low carb is absolutely the healthiest way for everyone to eat. It’s a huge misconception that fats are bad for you. I, for one, would never eat a plant based diet! And, yes, I’m very, very heathy. There. That needed to be said. 

How can you eat low carb though without being on a mostly plant based diet?  

A plant based diet has no added oils and no meat, cheese, eggs. A low carb diet doesn't restrict oils, meat, cheese, eggs. Even vegetables can be high carb. Corn, beets and potatoes are high carb. Hope that helps @walkingal

Trusted Contributor

Check out "The Dorito Effect" by Mark Schatzker    

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

Check out "The Dorito Effect" by Mark Schatzker    

@morganjen, just ordered it from Amazon. It sounds very interesting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't eaten "cr&p" for decades, and if I did? My body might not like it, but I really don't care about me mentally suffering for anything I desired to eat.

Don't read articles written by others, in any post.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

same here John...I am on a cr@p free diet....

Respected Contributor

The constant diet proselytizing on this forum does get old. In my opinion, there is no eating program that is perfect for everyone.