Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does reading a food package ingredient/ info label make you decide to buy or not?

I do read labels. I check out calories, fat content, fiber content, and sodium. If anything seems out of line, I put the stuff back on the shelf. It only takes a moment to read a label, but those extra seconds are worth it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does reading a food package ingredient/ info label make you decide to buy or not?

I check calories only. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

My eyes go to Sodium percentage 1st.  I have to drink a lot of water (medical reasons) and if I get too much sodium, I am miserable.  Think Beached Whale!  UGH! 

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

Yes...I think that's why it takes me so long to go grocery shopping.  I frequently put things back on the shelf because of the ingredients or sodium, sugars, or fat content.

Honored Contributor

Yes! I probably put back more products than I buy after reading the labels. I have to watch sodium very carefully and it is surprising how few products list this in bold print like they do fat or calories..the most telling is “serving size”. Who eats 1/2 cup of ice cream?
Esteemed Contributor

I check the sugar, salt & fat content .If any are high I pass on the item.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I check the sugar, salt & fat content .If any are high I pass on the item.

Same for me. I put a LOT of things back on the shelf because of added sugar. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~