Honored Contributor

Re: Does decaf iced tea bother your stomach?

@tototwo wrote:

Any tea -  iced or hot, bags or powder - it all upsets my stomach!  

This!   Just about any iced tea bothers my stomach if I don't have food with it. 

I have this issue in a restaurant, whenever I have to wait too long for the food to arrive.  

Honored Contributor

I steep a few thin slices of fresh ginger in boiled water.  Optional: add a sweetener and/or a drop of real lemon juice. 

Delicious.  

Real tea, even though I absolutely love the various wonderful flavors of tea bags, seem to irritate my eyes.  Slight, non-visible eye twitching. 

Enjoy your tea!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

Do a google search to see the awful chemicals used to remove the caffeine! Maybe it's those chemicals bothering you. All coffee or black tea gives me a stomach ache. It is well known these two increase reflux and GERD. Doctors recommend avoided them. I can drink regular coke no problem. You might look into rooibos tea for stomach issues or the ginger tea someone recommended. Traditional Medicinals is a good brand of herbal tea found everywhere. And don't steep your tea too long, five minutes is good. You might try alkaline water or sparkling mineral water, carbonated but no flavors or sweetener. The bubbles help my stomach when it feels gross. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Yes, I think it does.

As others have said, I also need to have food in my stomach, and for me it has to be a carbohydrate to avoid the "pukies."