Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone use diatomaceous earth?

Another update!!!!!!!!!!!! After taking a shower I looked in the mirror..some skintags are gone...stretch marks from my twins are GONE...the crepeness (sp?) we get on our arms is so much better..and my freckles that I had forever on my chest..are gone..lol! I am so excited and can't wait for others to take this wonder clay and watch what happens!

I use earthworks...I didn't think I could use the link..But, they have hundreds of testimonials on their website!!!! Its food grade..if you do try it, please post your results. I think its been 3 months now, 1tbl daily..always gives me energy too..which I need..I'm always draggin' ~xox

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

We use it to get rid of ladybugs.  It supposedly cuts up their stomaches and they die.  Hardly think I'd like to try it, I've also been advised not to breathe it in.

Honored Contributor

Very interesting thread about both food grade and for outdoor and pet use!

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

We use it to get rid of ladybugs.  It supposedly cuts up their stomaches and they die.  Hardly think I'd like to try it, I've also been advised not to breathe it in.

Why are you using it on ladybugs? Those are beneficial to your garden at getting rid up some unwanted pests. 

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

So, if I went to my health food store and bought some DE, how do I integrate it into my life? Eat it? 

@MaggieMack Here is the info from the post I posted on this thread on page 1 post #6 that has all kinds of ways listed how to use it.

For better health, people like me and my family take one teaspoon to two tablespoons of Diatomaceous Earth in a liquid every day. Many people benefit from just one teaspoon daily! Mix DE with your favorite liquid like water or juice. Some mix DE in protein shakes, applesauce or yogurt. There is no actual flavor or taste to it. Since DE does not dissolve, stirring the mixture several times as you drink it will prevent settling. Some folks experience higher energy levels, so it is probably best not to take just before sleeping. Not to worry about taking too much - any excess silica not needed by the body is naturally eliminated through the kidneys and intestines... but we must find our own comfortable levels.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz, thank you SO much for the info. Mine arrived, and I'm going to give it a try starting TODAY!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

We use it for garden pests, slugs and aphids! Cannot imagine ingesting it! Interesting thread!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

@emmysmom , that is so amazing!  I feel like it is cleaning me out, like a detox, I guess. ( I'll spare you the details). I am taking about 1 tablespoon a day in a smoothy. 

Trusted Contributor

There is a new book out called "EAT DIRT", I think it is about this. Cannot remember the author but he is a functional Dr ( think).

It is on Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cookie777 wrote:

@emmysmom , that is so amazing!  I feel like it is cleaning me out, like a detox, I guess. ( I'll spare you the details). I am taking about 1 tablespoon a day in a smoothy. 

Hi Cookie!! It does clean you out in a good way, it literally builds you up from the inside. I notice I'm hungry all the time, but thankfully I'm not gaining weight. I love the way my skin is looking..I'm thinking of adding another Tbl in the afternoon for more energy,lol! I hope you see positive results soon!!!!! I won't be w/o it! My 2 pups are looking good too..putting on weight and have lots of energy!!! Keep me posted! xox

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West